I have 2002 Intreipd when i cut on the heat it blows out cold air how could i fix it

Asked by Feb 18, 2013 at 02:20 PM about the 2002 Dodge Intrepid SXT

65

check for anti freeze, check your thermostat, and check the heater core. Also, make sure your settings on your control console are correct

2,285

Sounds like the blend door actuator is bad.

60

Check your coolant level and bleed the coolant system of air. Believe it or not, low coolant will cause your heater not to work. Why? Well when it is low, you introduce air into the sealed system. When this happens, hot water may or may not make into the heater core (which is basically a smaller version of your cars radiator the emits heat. You may be experiencing it blowing warm air for a bit then cold; or not blowing even warm air. So have the coolant level checked and if you add fluid, be sure to bleed off the extra air in the system - the bleeder valve is at the very top front of the engine. It looks like a little grease fitting valve. Use a 9mm socket to loosen it. It will be free of air when it is shooting a steady stream of water. This can take a while to do, and you may need to drive the car a few minutes and check it for air again. Additionally, while you are doing this, your removing some fluid from the vehicle. So once it all done, let the car cool down and check the fluid level to be sure it is still within range in the reservoir.