why is my car stalling you like this???

Asked by Sep 19, 2013 at 09:01 PM about the 2002 Dodge Intrepid SE

it is a 2002 dodge intrepid 3.5L V6 with 147,000 mile on it.... sometime when i take off
from a stop it spitts and sputters and sounds like its choking... or not getting any gas.
and sometimes it boggs down when i try to get up too speed. but the main problem i
have is when i pull up and try to back into my parking spot it will stall out and die then
when i crank it up i have to give it gas to get it to pick up and turn over. and if im
backing out of a space in a parking lot and turning while reversing it will stall out... im
no mechanic but i know something is wrong please help.

5,760

Check for vacume leaks

I had a similar thing happen on my Caddy. It turns out that the temp sensor was inoperable and telling the computer that the outside temp was 47below zero and was choking the car. There are other items like throttle control switch or Mas Air Flow sensors that may cause this problem. I would take it to a trusted mechanic and have it checked out

my temp display is pretty spot on tho