Where is the aclug on a 2002 chrysler intrepid

Asked by Aug 19, 2012 at 09:11 PM about the 2002 Dodge Intrepid SE

Smells like rotten eggs in the car and drivers floor was really wet. Wet enough it soaked through the carped floor
mat. Someone said my ac plug could have been knocked out since i just had the engine replaced

1,505

sounds like you might want to look into a new heater core, I've never heard of an ac plug before.

Ok thanks. Expensive??

17,905

The heater core itself isnt expensive. It looks like a mini radiator. The labor is usualy the cost because it goes behind the dash. Make sure you dont overheat your engine because this is coolant leaking out to your floorboards. There is also a drain hose for your AC's evaporator, it think thats what someone was refering you to. But that should flow water with the ac on outside the car, if its stopped up it could leak inside the car. See if the liquid filling your floorbord is clear or green like coolant.

1,505

The only trick is you'll have to take the dash apart as this is mounted to the firewall and is under the dash

1,505

what does the car smell like coolant or mold?

Mold now cause i didnt remove the carpet and the floor mat when i picked it up was dripping wet so the car never got dried out properly. It smelt like sulfer when whatever was happing, was happening then i went to clean the car and found the DRIVERS side floor wet!!

I had run the ac as the smell started but didnt check the floor until i went to clean it. I have turned the ac on briefly and a mechanic said there was no condensation water puddle under the car so he thought the ac plug was plugged. If its the ac evpourator hose, where is it?? He (the mechanic at work) said hed have to look for it and since there wasnt anymore water inside, then he wasnt too conserned. The engine had just been replaced since my timing chain went on the one in the car when i bought it. This all happened about a week after the engine was installed. Still stinks cause i have to disinfect the carpets but want to know what it is and if its over before i clean the carpets. Thought i might bee leaking something under the car last week. Just after i parked the car at work. Running maybe 17 minutes. Ive been told by 2 guys at work that it wasnt my car. I DID check my antifreeze last week and it was low, ill check it again tomorrow. When driving or better ideling, it feels a bit rough like it wants to stall but doesnt and now every morning the gas pedel sticks. I have to push a bit harder for a small part of my commute in the mornings last 5 days.