We have a 2012 Fiat 500 with ABARTH markings. Is it?

20

Asked by May 27, 2015 at 01:36 PM about the 2012 FIAT 500 Abarth

Dear folks,
We have, on our car lot here at Family Auto in Lewistown, PA, a 2012 Fiat Sport 2 dr. Hatchback that has some ABARTH markings immediately in front of the side mirrors. They are stickers and we were wondering if there are other tell tale signs more significant to tell us whether or not this vehicle is an ABARTH Fiat 500 or some previous owners wanna-be who bought 2 stickers. Can you please help us to distinguish what is a 2012 ABARTH.  I attached the listing on our website. Please peruse what you see and let us know what you think.
Sincerely,
Kenny Campbell, Sales
kcampbell@familyautollc.net
http://www.familyautollc.net/vehicle.asp?d=14050000&s=F1080

26,005

The Abarth will have badges- and it should have an Abarth on the steering wheel-

20

Our Family Auto Fiat has badges on the sides by the mirrors and hood ornament type chrome badge on the front that's peeling and a perfect ornament type on the trunk that is not peeling. No ABARTH on the steering wheel though. I did find a Servizo sticker in the doorjam that has the ABARTH logo on it. too

26,005

I dunno- does it drive like an Abarth?

26,005

Improbable that somebody would fake it - it had to be one of the first in 2012- maybe FIAT did not get to the full treatment?

20

I called a Fiat dealership salesguy in Owings Mills, Maryland whose wife drives a 2012 Abarth. He looked at the Family Auto vehicle on our website and concluded the following...the Abart hood is elongated for the turbo engine, the one we have is not a turbo engine. The turbo has dual exhaust. Ours does not. The Abarth Seats are exclusive to the Abarth. We have a "500 sport" edition. The previous owner must have bought some Abarth badges to make the vehicle appear to be an Abarth. or... some autoworkers in the respective Fiat assembly plants in Tychy, Poland were slamming `Wodka and in Toluca, Mexico, drinking Jose Quervo, or Chianti in honor of their Italian Fiat origins and just made our funky, messed up car. Thank you all for your input. KC

I know this answer is several years later, but I took my 2012 Fiat 500 Sport HB into a body shop for repair to the driver's side door and replace the windshield after a deer? (never did see what hit me) slammed into the windshield, and rolled down the side of the car. No airbags deployed, nothing on the interior was damaged, and the car's drivability was not affected. The body shop guy gave me the dirtiest, flood damaged, pieced together from various fiats, piece of trash I've ever seen. Only thing is, he somehow has my original vin, in the windshield, and one more vin located on passenger side near the rear of the seat under the carpet, no other vin were located, none on adhesive labels, bondo on places where there's supposed to be a vin. It even has a different speedometer, odometer but with the miles 40,000. somehow the brain was flashed to go with the vin, etc. It's not even the same color. I'm getting an attorney because the cops wouldn't even look at it, or write a report, the sheriff's deputies look at the vin and say well it matches your title. The letter agencies, fbi, osbi, ncib, nothing. So, I know my fiat is somewhere (but getting somebody to take me seriously is not happening) In the meantime, he's laughing at those stupid fools that make it so easy for him to get away with this. So more than likely, your car was not messsed up from Mexico or Poland, but probably by some unscrupulous thief.