Air Bag Light Coming On

Asked by Apr 27, 2013 at 02:15 PM about the 2002 Dodge Intrepid R/T

My air bag light comes on periodically and when it does all other electronics stop working
like turn signals, power windows, radio, fan, wipers etc.  When the light goes out it all
starts working again. What could cause this and can it be fixed?

102,845

It could be that you are losing the power to all those circuits and the loss of power turns the air bag light on.

1,655

it could be a bad sensor too

60

mine is doing this. When it does, I can slap down on the steering column and it all works again. I believe there is a loose connection on the wire plug just behind the steering wheel adjustment lever, because if I run my finger in there and press upward, it all comes on again. I need the proper screw driver head to get the case and steering adjustment lever out of the way so I can get a better look at it, but I believe that is where the issue is.

10

This is exactly what my car is doing. 2003 chrysler intrepid. Any answers?

Bad clock spring horn cruise and turn signals.are all.wired.inti clock spring plug.replace.and all.will work. If mechanically.inclined can purchase one at salvage.yard 25 to 35 bucks need steering wheel puller.disconect.battery.so air bag does.not.go off

My 2002 with 118,000 miles is doing the same. I've read many pages with Q & A's saying it's the ignition switch, but my brother, a certified diesel mechanic and I feel certain it reeks of a clock spring issue. I will change out the $30 ignition switch but then I'm going for the clock spring bcuz riding around Oklahoma in 100 degrees without my power windows and NOW intermittent a/c is killing me! No consistent a/c, no pwr windows, flashing interior lights, or full-on lights in the cab at night, abs light, brake, Trac on, Trac off, air bag lights all on in my dash which go off when you adjust the steering wheel eventually.....AARGH (but have gotten progressively worse). Now today NO a/c after hitting a bump and the steering wheel adjustment not fixing or bringing the air back on and then trying to turn into my street to find I also had no working blinkers. This seems to be a huge Dodge problem no matter when the car was purchased and should have been a recall. If not, then at least referenced as a commonly found problem on a forum and addressed by a Dodge certified mechanic as to the answer. Any others with additional info or ideas? Best wishes,