have a 2013 Ford Escape. The sync system works fine but the controls on dash for radio do not.

Asked by Jul 16, 2013 at 07:12 PM about the 2013 Ford Escape SE

The sync system and controls on wheel work fine the problem is with the controls that are mounted on das below sync system. I can no longer turn radio off  or change channel ,or  volume control with this unit. Is there a fuse that may have gone bad that needs to be replaced? if so where is it located The car is only 2 months old and I don't feel like dropping it off at ford for the day if it's a fuse problem.

217,715

Doesn't sound like a fuse issue, I think your stuck taking it back to Ford. Only goo thing is it's still under warranty. Ask to speak with the service manager first, maybe someone can help you in the parking lot without having to drop it off. It might be a simple fix.

19,075

sounds like its powered up if cannot turn off,if so, doubt a fuse would be for off only! Infotainment , the future nightmare ! BET. ANYONE?

20

I have a 2014 ford Escape and my problem is that I can't turn up the radio all the way cuz "mykey" comes on the screen and tells me that I have reached the limit yet when I got it like a week ago it wouldn't do that

20

@docstang - Did you ever find out what the issue was? Was it fixed? I am having the same issues and was was able to show a Ford service manager. I will be taking it in tomorrow morning to have it looked at.

50

My 2013 escape does this radomnly. The steering wheel controls work, but cannot use dial or 'center dash' buttons. did you get any resolution? almost out of warranty...

70

I have the same problem with the radio and cant use dial or 'center dash ' buttons on my 2013 Escape. It has been into the dealer 5 times for this problem ....... still doing it. Help!!!!

10

We have the same issue. Discover when we click on the scan button everything locks up.

25

I also have a 2013 Escape and the stereo does the same thing with a fee other glitches. Everything is fine until I drive about 3 or 4 miles, then the dashboard stereo controls stop working. A few times now everything had freeze, even the steering wheel controls, but then it races through everything I've tried to do likes it's playing catch up. I've taken it in to Ford 4 times but they say the typical - can't get it to duplicate, never seen this before. I call bull! They reset the system twice now, replaced a fuse and tried to say it was because I had an iphone4 and needed a more up to date version so I got a 6, but it's still doing it. I'm taking it back in this Sat. If they still can't fix it, I've seen that there's a lemon law regarding this exact issue.

40

I have the same issue with a 2013 Escape...radio knob disables...can't change the volume or turn radio on/off. Anyone identify the problem? Possible related issues: key fob randomly doesn't lock the car, power outlet in back of center console randomly doesn't work, now the check engine light is on (then off, then on).

25

The issue with my stereo dashboard controls not working hasn't been so bad lately but today everything shut down on my while I was driving to work, except the radio sound. First I got a warning light that my transmission was not in park and then my whole dashboard went black as if the car was turned off, yet it was still running, and the air conditioner turned on. The odd thing during this was that the radio was still playing but sync wouldn't work. I drove directly to the dealer and they're looking at it now, but several times while driving, the air turned on and then off quickly. I'm afraid to hear what they say since it's just conveniently out of warranty. Anyone else get clarity and resolution for this problem?

10

I have a 2010 Ford Escape and had to replace the radio. I swapped a radio out and now when i tirn the car off and on, the radio changes from am to fm or sat1 to sat2, etc etc. and also the steering wheel controls for volume and presets changing dont work. They only switch from am to fm to sat etc etc. any ideas? Could it be a connection or somethinf?