2003 Cvp wont start Crank nothing

Asked by Apr 06, 2012 at 06:19 AM about the 2003 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor

It was working fine a week ago then one day I went to go to class no start no noise but the fuel pump kicking in I
have power to everything. But my turn signals they just stopped working as well I replaced the starter and a few
relays what am I missing??? Anyone it would be greatly appreciated.

125

Get a voltage tester, unplug the solenoid wire and get someone to turn the key while testing for current on the wire. If none, possibly a fuse or one of the plugs in the harness making a poor connection.

40

Not sure about turn signals, but my 97 would not do anything either and I replaced the original starter (400,000) old, that turn out not to be the problem. The clutch froze on the A/C compressor and when I tried to start it the light would dim but no sound. With someone watching and the hood up they could see the belt move ever so slightly. I pulled the A/C compressor off then replaced it temporarily with a 20 pulley and all was good.

I have the same issue with the same exact car. Right now I have a bush button hooked up to the starter so I can drive it to work but I would like to know what I need to do to fix it. thanks

*push button

140

Had the positive terminal emit acid all of a sudden and drain to the battery often. 2003 Ford Crown Victoria. Cranking amps not ample enough to engage start. Ignition is the textbook cause as well as alternator. Simply replacing the solenoid at times fixes the problem. boosting is not a good way to save expensive fix that can happen. If the vehicle has been boosted by a smaller vehicle the amperes in the small vehicle battery will discharge the car. Weird yes however there is a safety mechanism in the trunk for fuel and in case of collision that when reset stops this process. The other problem found is with simply replacing the relays. Hope this helps as I would rather spend $15 than $700!

140

Simple found the problem. Download the owner's manual online. Go to the page with the alarm reset instructions. Disconnect the battery, clean posts and reattach cables. Reset by turning the ignition key backwards then immediately to start repeat all alarm instructions again for remote start as well. Fuel tank reset is in the trunk however disconnecting the battery cables should reset this. Relays get dirty so cleaning all connections to starter, on relays, etc. prior to reattaching the battery cables is a great idea. It is all in the owner's manual for the year of the car, you do not need the code to reset it. Relays are under dash on the 2003 Ford Crown Victoria LX model. On board computer models are easier in that they provide the code. Again the instructions are in the owner's manual available to download on line with VIN. Saves a few hundred bucks and try this. Last resort is key needs to recalibrate to remote start which will cost a few bucks. Putting in new ignition switch or push button start $15-$100. Don't phone Ford they just want money to tell you a code when it is supposed to be free when you own the vehicle. When troubleshooting try everything else before getting dinged thousands from the dealership. They have a business to run but now it is morally wrong to do this to customers just asking a question. Hope this helps!

40

I have a 2000 ford crown victoria police interceptor does nothing wine turn key could any one help me i have to go to work this my only car i have

140

Most Crown Vics are equipped with alarm systems that require a remote to lock/unlock, disconnect alarm, etc. See owner's manual for the year and make of car available at justgivemethedamnmanual.com. This will give detailed instructions on how to reset the system with the 2 keys. Calling a locksmith to reset will cost $300+ so manual cheapest method. once reset it will run until the next reset so installing a no remote system would be best. Available online for $25- $100. Rent a car or get a ride until you can afford to fix it would be another option, tax deductible as a work expense! Hope this helps! Otherwise phone the dealership they tend to not help with troubleshooting tips however. Have a good day!

10

My 2003 victoria lx have the same problem also the abs and brake lights Was on, i tod the computer Was the problem i check alot of things and the only thing brong Was a yelow cable on the right top of the switch needs 12v positive i dont know if Came From a fuse or not i only put that and ebrithing work back to normal

I'm haven the same problem with my car I have a 2000 does crown Vic and she won't start I just put a new gas tank,new starter,new water pump,new transmission,and new alternator and she still won't start, when I was driving her she was smoking from the fan in front of the car once she started smoking she wouldn't start back up please can someone tell what I'm missing I put 2,000 dollars into this and this my only car for me to get back and forth to work

I took mine to wiring shop and they found a bad circuit behind dash on drivers side area which controlled power to ignition turn signals and abs. 320 dollars later it was fixed.