Engine Check light is on.

Asked by Feb 06, 2015 at 05:34 AM about the 2012 Toyota Corolla S

The fan belt mounted on the engine had cracks and worn out. I changed it and whenever the air condition is on the car vibrates.

Wait just a minute here kayseven7. For one thing, you have a 2012 Corolla? And there is no such thing as a 'fan belt' ...but to folks not familiar with the 1.8L engine that is in a 2012 Corolla, it's a serpentine belt that drives the power steering, Air Conditioner but no 'fan'. The radiator fan is electric, and if somebody convinced you that your serpentine belt was worn out, had 'cracks', let me take a guess....it was when you went in for an oil change. They told you your belt 'needed to be replaced' or words to that effect, and they lied to you. They make a huge profit from putting a $30 belt on, takes them ..10 minutes, and charge you ...probably $80? Ok, that's a done deal, you got ripped off. Now, if there was no vibration before you had that done, then they, whomever "they" are, now deny everything. For beginners, your 2012 would NOT need a serpentine belt, the belt on my Corolla lasted 6 years and 60,000 miles. Next, the A/C vibrating is an indication of shoddy work. If it didn't before, then ..think...why now? Answer: Something they did. Take it back and DEMAND answers to just what you asked here. they messed up. I won't name names and say it was Jiffy-Lube. Opps, I didn't say that

kayseven7, I apologize if I cane across as angry. I am not by nature an angry person, but when I was on a road-trip, and it was time for an oil-change, I stopped at what will remain an unnamed place, I always use Mobil1 synthetic in my Corolla, and they poured something out of a 1-gallon jug that was labeled "Mobil1" in the familiar gray jug, but get this: Palmdale, California, a still unnamed oil change chain franchise, took the same grubby-oil-stained-hardly-read-the- label and proceeded to re-fill it, yes, the very same jug, from a 45 gallon barrel of oil labeled "Texaco Havoline 5W30 motor oil". Now, there is nothing wrong with Texaco ---Havoline products, but it was conventional mineral motor oil that is about 1/3 the cost. The guys did not know I was watching, but this franchise chain, which will still remain unnamed, does this. I refuse to name the franchise as Jiffy-Lube.