Should I buy it?

Asked by Feb 23, 2010 at 05:41 PM about the 1989 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

I'm looking to buy a 1989 Jeep Wrangler Sahara. I don't know much about Jeeps or American cars in general because I've always previously dealt with imports and drift cars. But I know that I want one, bad. So, I'm looking for some advice as to wether I should buy it or not. I bet all of you on here know loads about Jeeps, so I would REALLY appreciate it if I could get some imput and see if it's worth it to buy this particular Wrangler.

This '89's features are:
-It has 83,000 miles
-3-speed automatic (unfortunately. I prefer sticks)
-Black exterior, still shiny with a few blemishes. Has chrome detailing.
-No hard top OR soft top included
-Has a bit of rust on the floor but nothing is rusted through
-No carpet
-No doors
-AC components missing
-The battery leaked at one point and the acid burned through some coils/wires(not sure which) so the 4 wheel drive may not be working
-Seats in good shape
-Stood idle for at least 4 years
-No oil leaks, thank God.
-The guy is asking 2500 for it ans doesn't really know the history of the Jeep because he originally bought it to part it out, but decided against it because it's so nice looking. Tought he'd sell it whole.

So, that's pretty much all I know.
Thanks for your help!

wow i got my 1990 jeep wrangler for 3000 with no rust and it had a soft top with doors.there great cars i love my jeep mine has 150,000 miles on it and still runs great its not a bad buy but i would try and talk him down more for not havin doors or a top

I see this post is very old, but here is my 2 cents... First question is is it a 4 or 6 cylinder? If it is a 4, it' not a good deal. Rust, no carpets, no top, no doors. I hope you did not buy it if it is a 4 cyl. Oh, and the 4 weel drive may not work. My guess is you don't know much about automotive, so stay away. I just picked up a 1989 6 cyl, 5 speed with hard top,new carpet, new paint, no rust, for $2000. Keep looking. And what the hell is a "drift car"?