I have a 2002 Dodge Caravan Sport. The Blower for the climate control has stopped working. Initially it would only work on high. It has now stopped blowing completely. It will not blow on any setting. I have replaced the Blower Motor Resistor and it is still not working properly. Any suggestions?

Asked by Apr 21, 2014 at 03:23 PM about the 2002 Dodge Caravan Sport

I have a 2002 Dodge Caravan Sport.  The Blower for the climate control has stopped
working.  Initially it would only work on high.  It has now stopped blowing completely.  It
will not blow on any setting.  I have replaced the Blower Motor Resistor and it is still not
working properly.  Any suggestions?

685

Yes replace the blower motor ....if you don't want to buy a new one go to your local LKQ salvage yard...very inexpensive

160

Open your hood, look on the left side of the firewall for a rectangular plate with wires connected to it, unbolt it and pull it out of the firewall, this is what controls your blower motor, It is a series of coils which are resisters that control the blower motor speed. if the coils are broken, it must be replaced. If you note, the coils actually sit in an air duct which cools the coils as the air passes over them. there are usually 3 coils, if one goes out, you will get low and high but not medium, if the big one goes out, the high speed fan won't work.

160

Did you check the relays in the fuse paney by your battery??