2002 Dodge Caravan Power Window and Switch issue

40

Asked by Feb 23, 2014 at 01:32 PM about the 2002 Dodge Caravan SE

Hi, hoping someone can direct me.  Here are the details.  Without any notice, I cannot
lower the driver or passenger side window using the driver side switches.  I can lower
and raise the passenger side window using the passenger side switch.  Also, here is
something odd..   when the car is running, I cannot lock the car with the power locks.  I
can unlock the car, just not lock the car.  The odd part (to me)...  is with the power off...
I can lock and unlock the car using the power lock switch.  I've checked the fuses and
everything seems to be in order.   Guessing this could be a relay or wire issue?  
Anyone have any thoughts?

20,815

the window issue is the driver door switch, a short kicks the circuit breaker, check it will be hot to touch, ok when cool, ,,the lock issue sounds like the remote entry module or something with the ignition switch is the cause

40

thank you. I had disconnected the battery and the locks seem to work now. wonder if the module was reset. I will replace the switch and see what happens. thank you.

10

How to fix right side window