Why won't my car stop overheating

Asked by Sep 07, 2015 at 12:03 PM about the 2003 Dodge Stratus SE

I replace the thermostat twice refill water coolant checked hoses
what else can I do

https://car-repairs.knoji.com/why-your-dodge-stratus-might-be-overheating/

http://answers.edmunds.com/question-Dodge-Stratus-weird-overheating-Help-Please-35017.aspx

All has to do with air-flow, that there is no obstruction in intake, the A/C condenser is in front of radiator and if it collects too many bugs, leaves, anything = reduced air flow. Then could be air trapped in system. Does it overheat all the time , or only in traffic/idle... or still overheats at highway speeds.. 55+ mph? Do you know whether your fans are engaging?

You either have an air pocket or the radiators flow is restricted, did they do a flow test on the radiator when it was in the shop? -- by tennisshoes

190

Oh god bare with me... , are you losing water (no) check water pump (yes) check water pump.. You can have a leak someplace and it isn't cycling... If i t is wet around your water pump at all... You have a bad water pump... And don't expect a new one from a parts store to be good... It took 3 pumps from autozone all of which were brand new in the box... They were just bad ones... Assuming no problems at the pump and thermostat... Are you still losing coolant.. Yes...check hises, no its clog time... Start the motor check to see if your water lines are hard ... This indicates good pressure and good hises.. Last but not least turn on your defog if your windshield fogs over you have a bad heaterbcore... Which sucks nuts... Id after all this your car is still over heating check your senior.. Catilitic converter... Could be as simple as a bad sincor yes the thermostat regulates the water flow... But a sincor will tell your car otherwise... Aaaaand some cars once it reads a bad code its there and won't even start the system that works it.... Try unplugging your battery for an hour or so...

30

helpful for me (had the same problem) there was air in the system..and I was told if the car had high mileage (100,000 or over) to replace the rad cap..all fixed..that's what worked for me