I have a 2003 dodge stratus my axel keeps pulling out the case that sticks In the tranny when I turn to sharp it pulls the bearings completely apart. All motor mounts are good.

Asked by Nov 29, 2014 at 03:20 PM about the 2003 Dodge Stratus SE

It's like the axel is too short

155

well if it is the correct size axle then it sounds like your c-clip is the wrong size or missing.

The joint stays in the tranny it pulls the tripod out of the joint that goes in the tranny. My frame was shifted when the previous owner hit a curve I loosened the bolts and pried the frame back as close as possible to the original position so far its ok but I been very easy with it. I replaced a bad lower control arm as well could these cause the problem?

155

The bent frame could definitely be the problem, if you call around to your local shops and see if anyone can check the frame to see how bad it is. It may cost you a bit but they can give you an estimate on how much it would be to straighten the frame, if the frame isn't the problem I would be looking at your control arms and see if anyone can give you a free inspection and if the shop has a good reputation then you won't have to worry about getting ripped off. On a side note how bad is the boot covering the constant velocity joint?

The boot is good. My frame was shifted I got under it and loosened the 3 bolts and put back in place the best I could. But ill have a shop look at it for me thanks a million for ur help!