What to do if there is no sound coming out of the speakers of my car

Abohanafi
0

Asked by Feb 14, 2014 at 01:14 PM about the 2012 Kia Sportage Base

Everything is working except that
there is no sound out of the speakers

Kos MotorCars
2,435

Check your fuses, If you have a amplifier that fuse in particular

Just had the same issue today in our 2013 Sportage. There's a reset button to the right of the CD slot. Use a small point tip to hit the reset button & should get your sound back.

TXBarbara
80

Thank you so much for this post. My 2013 Sportage had the same issue this morning - NO sound. Long drive into work with no radio. I found your post and went out and tried it and my radio sound is back!!!! Thanks bunches.

pamo1
40

My 2013 Sportage also has no sound, the radio resets itself and clock reset themselves. Fuses were checked and that's not the issue. King Kia in Gaithersburg, MD ordered a radio two weeks ago because they think that's the answer. Unfortunately radios are on back order and King Kia has no idea when it will arrive. :-(

Donna Spanberger
10

How much to replace speakers?

Joaniewalsh
40

Had same problem used reset button and sound is working. Awesome.

Donna Godwin
70

I took my 2011 Kia Sportage to the dealer due to no sound and they told me I needed a new radio. Tried the reset button today and my sound is back. Why does the Kia dealership not know this.

MG1954
20

Same think happened today to my 2014 Sorento. Went out to vehicle and located the tiny hole to the right of the CD player, used a tiny Allen wrench to press reset and BAM my radio is back in business. Thanks a bunch for the help. Good luck to all!!!!!!!!!!

Vanessa Frazier
90

Hit the reset button but nothing. Attempting to find an amp since the speakers check out. Any suggestions on replacing the amp?

Tiffani Rock
40

Wow the reset button really worked. Thank you for that info. I really didn't want to take it to the dealers and they charge me.

debbys
100

hi 2012 sportage. where is the reset button? can't find on the radio itself.

Tiffani Rock
40

Debby is your radio with navigation or do you have the UVO?

debbys
100

No nav. Standard radio. What is uvo?

Tiffani Rock
40

Your right Debby, I did not see a reset button on the standard radio either. UVO is the next upgraded radio in the Kia's. Does a little more stuff, such as touch screen and something called Jukebox. But reading from another forums, they were saying to disconnect your battery cables front under the hood for at least a minute. Reconnect and that should reset basically the whole car. Try that step and see what happens.

FerdilVerdil
10

Had same problem, reset worked. Thanks, never even knew that was a reset button. Only lost radio presets, expected to lose addresses programmed into GPS too.

Dorota Ponikiewska
10

FANTASTIC!!!!! "There's a reset button to the right of the CD slot. Use a small point tip to hit the reset button & should get your sound back." I just did it! IT WORKS!!!!!!

Dials12
0

Held reset down for about second and didn't work. Then I held it down for about ten seconds and it worked! Only lost presets. Thanks

Tony Ramos
20

Reset button did the trick for me too! Beaver me a trip to the dealer. Thank you Car Gurus

Remtech
50

Cant see the reset button on this..same problem no sound...

thomask1965
80

My 2012 Kia Sportage doesn't have the reset button. I disconnected the battery, but only the clock lost 3 minutes. Nothing was reset. Should I have disconnected for a longer period? Any other way to reset the radio? Thomas

Prettydays
70

I have been having the sound problem since Saturday night. I thought it was just my system warming up from the cold since I drove for hardly a minute but then then Sunday it worked fine but not today, Monday, I have nothing. I tried factory reset I tried the little button nothing. The manual has no help and something I've noticed is it always goes back to the same radio station when I turn it on. But no sound for the radio, my aux, my jukebox, or my CD's. nothing's working and I'm starting to get frustrated. Does anyone know something I can do short of going to my dealership?

thomask1965
80

Did you change your battery or disconnect it recently?

Prettydays
70

No everything was working fine and then it went kaput

After I hit the reset button, this later started to happen again and then everything "went kaput". Took it back to Kia service dept., and he informed me that the amplifier got fried and would need to be replaced. Got it replaced and everything has been back to normal for the last 2 years. I will warn you, though, that this replacement is costly since it's a factory amp. I did find some of these factory amps on Amazon (and E-Bay) and they were MUCH cheaper than expected.

randi2013
0

Having same issue with sound tried fuses tried reset done reboot on uvo touch screen tried battery cable ....nothing have appt today at 1 and of coarse it not warranty 36000 im at 47000 anyone know the cost of resolving this issue

Luckily had extra insurance that covered the cost for amp replacement. Found my bill, and it said almost $500 for the amp and another $200 - $300 for labor for installation.....this was AT the dealer btw.

randi2013
0

Thank you i carried to the dealership as well they told me upwards of 1000$ rediculous !time for a trade in but will not be kia they didnt have parts and was still unsure of what the problen was said he yhought it was computer since they are powered by microsoft

randi2013
0

Thank you i carried to the dealership as well they told me upwards of 1000$ rediculous !time for a trade in but will not be kia they didnt have parts and was still unsure of what the problen was said he thought it was computer since they are powered by microsoft

Tiffani Rock
40

I really think they need to recall all of their radios if this is a constant problem that has been going on for years. It makes absolutely no sense why the radios are doing this. I think if I have another problem, I'm just gonna replace the whole radio from some where else.

Rhonda Barnett
10

I had the same thing happen on my 2012 kia Sportage. Uvo radio with backup camera. No sound from the radio first. Then the radio wouldn't hold presets and time. Checked fuses, disconnecting the batterty and tried reset button. Nothing worked. Dealer said radio needed replaced. Put in a used radio. Everything works on it but the sound. Does anyone know if this radio would need programmed at the dealer?