What to do if there is no sound coming out of the speakers of my car

Asked by Feb 14, 2014 at 01:14 PM about the 2012 Kia Sportage Base

Everything is working except that
there is no sound out of the speakers

2,815

Check your fuses, If you have a amplifier that fuse in particular

Just had the same issue today in our 2013 Sportage. There's a reset button to the right of the CD slot. Use a small point tip to hit the reset button & should get your sound back.

120

Thank you so much for this post. My 2013 Sportage had the same issue this morning - NO sound. Long drive into work with no radio. I found your post and went out and tried it and my radio sound is back!!!! Thanks bunches.

50

My 2013 Sportage also has no sound, the radio resets itself and clock reset themselves. Fuses were checked and that's not the issue. King Kia in Gaithersburg, MD ordered a radio two weeks ago because they think that's the answer. Unfortunately radios are on back order and King Kia has no idea when it will arrive. :-(

10

How much to replace speakers?

60

Had same problem used reset button and sound is working. Awesome.

110

I took my 2011 Kia Sportage to the dealer due to no sound and they told me I needed a new radio. Tried the reset button today and my sound is back. Why does the Kia dealership not know this.

40

Same think happened today to my 2014 Sorento. Went out to vehicle and located the tiny hole to the right of the CD player, used a tiny Allen wrench to press reset and BAM my radio is back in business. Thanks a bunch for the help. Good luck to all!!!!!!!!!!

190

Hit the reset button but nothing. Attempting to find an amp since the speakers check out. Any suggestions on replacing the amp?

80

Wow the reset button really worked. Thank you for that info. I really didn't want to take it to the dealers and they charge me.

180

hi 2012 sportage. where is the reset button? can't find on the radio itself.

80

Debby is your radio with navigation or do you have the UVO?

180

No nav. Standard radio. What is uvo?

80

Your right Debby, I did not see a reset button on the standard radio either. UVO is the next upgraded radio in the Kia's. Does a little more stuff, such as touch screen and something called Jukebox. But reading from another forums, they were saying to disconnect your battery cables front under the hood for at least a minute. Reconnect and that should reset basically the whole car. Try that step and see what happens.

20

Had same problem, reset worked. Thanks, never even knew that was a reset button. Only lost radio presets, expected to lose addresses programmed into GPS too.

10

FANTASTIC!!!!! "There's a reset button to the right of the CD slot. Use a small point tip to hit the reset button & should get your sound back." I just did it! IT WORKS!!!!!!

Held reset down for about second and didn't work. Then I held it down for about ten seconds and it worked! Only lost presets. Thanks

20

Reset button did the trick for me too! Beaver me a trip to the dealer. Thank you Car Gurus

120

Cant see the reset button on this..same problem no sound...

120

My 2012 Kia Sportage doesn't have the reset button. I disconnected the battery, but only the clock lost 3 minutes. Nothing was reset. Should I have disconnected for a longer period? Any other way to reset the radio? Thomas

90

I have been having the sound problem since Saturday night. I thought it was just my system warming up from the cold since I drove for hardly a minute but then then Sunday it worked fine but not today, Monday, I have nothing. I tried factory reset I tried the little button nothing. The manual has no help and something I've noticed is it always goes back to the same radio station when I turn it on. But no sound for the radio, my aux, my jukebox, or my CD's. nothing's working and I'm starting to get frustrated. Does anyone know something I can do short of going to my dealership?

120

Did you change your battery or disconnect it recently?

90

No everything was working fine and then it went kaput

After I hit the reset button, this later started to happen again and then everything "went kaput". Took it back to Kia service dept., and he informed me that the amplifier got fried and would need to be replaced. Got it replaced and everything has been back to normal for the last 2 years. I will warn you, though, that this replacement is costly since it's a factory amp. I did find some of these factory amps on Amazon (and E-Bay) and they were MUCH cheaper than expected.

10

Having same issue with sound tried fuses tried reset done reboot on uvo touch screen tried battery cable ....nothing have appt today at 1 and of coarse it not warranty 36000 im at 47000 anyone know the cost of resolving this issue

Luckily had extra insurance that covered the cost for amp replacement. Found my bill, and it said almost $500 for the amp and another $200 - $300 for labor for installation.....this was AT the dealer btw.

10

Thank you i carried to the dealership as well they told me upwards of 1000$ rediculous !time for a trade in but will not be kia they didnt have parts and was still unsure of what the problen was said he yhought it was computer since they are powered by microsoft

10

Thank you i carried to the dealership as well they told me upwards of 1000$ rediculous !time for a trade in but will not be kia they didnt have parts and was still unsure of what the problen was said he thought it was computer since they are powered by microsoft

80

I really think they need to recall all of their radios if this is a constant problem that has been going on for years. It makes absolutely no sense why the radios are doing this. I think if I have another problem, I'm just gonna replace the whole radio from some where else.

20

I had the same thing happen on my 2012 kia Sportage. Uvo radio with backup camera. No sound from the radio first. Then the radio wouldn't hold presets and time. Checked fuses, disconnecting the batterty and tried reset button. Nothing worked. Dealer said radio needed replaced. Put in a used radio. Everything works on it but the sound. Does anyone know if this radio would need programmed at the dealer?

Thank you reset button worked!

40

Where is the reset button on the 2011 kia ?? Does any one know

10

I've been without my radio for a couple of weeks now, while in the mean time trying different things hoping my sound will somehow come back. I finally googled my issue and ran across this site. My son and I just had to run out in the pouring rain at 11 pm to try it. Lol. Low and behold it worked. Awesome!!!! Thank you for sharing. :) Thank you. :)

Just had the same problem, took it to the dealer and they were gonna charged me 800 dollars to take out the unit and send it in to be repaired. Found this site, went to the garage and reset the reset button and everything is working great...thank you all.

The reset button didn't work for me, so I sent the amplifier to United Radio Service in East Syracuse, NY and they fixed it for $225.

Thank you so much reset button worked for my 2014 Kia

2012 Sportage UVO no nav 39k miles. No sound from speakers. I replaced my amp. actually just the board (simple to do) and only costs $100. The reset did not work, the new amp did not fix it. Took it to the dealership, they could not find the problem. They said a new harness is $1500, labor about $700. Next I am going to check my speakers. I went to a local stereo shop. They said for $1500 they could install an awesome stereo system with navigation and backup camera. I decided to trade in my Sportage. I called Kia corporate they were going to help me but my local dealership would not. So I will never purchase a Kia product again. 39k miles car still looks new, always taken care of. :(