How do I fix a power sliding door problem?

Asked by Oct 08, 2012 at 01:03 PM about the 2005 Honda Odyssey EX-L w/ DVD

The driver side sliding door opens and closes normal once or twice and then when it closes again it will not open. The dash board light shows trouble with slide door.
I reset the computer and the door will work once again for a couple of times then the cycle starts again.

Suggestions please!!!!

980

Turn off the switch of sliding door in left side of the steering wheel. Then, take out the fuse of sliding door on the passenger side and start the engine. Turn on the switch of the sliding door in 10 seconds and stop the engine. Turn off again the switch and place back the fuse inside the fuse box and start the engine( it reset back ). Finally, place the sliding door switch on and try open the door. It works and I did it to my Odyssey.

190

Perfect! This solution helped me to fix my sliding door issue. Thanks a lot for posting it.

170

thanks is fixed. i thought have to change the motor or cables... but you just advise right and easy to do it. Thanks you save me at the least $400

170

now the door is working perfectly .

240

I tried this but my drivers side door still stops working after about 4 or 5 open and closings.

150

I don't know why but for some reason but mine works sometimes and then doesn't others. It will start and then kick back. If you're in a jam (no pun intended) like say in a parking lot at a mall, and need to get it to close, try lifting up on the back of the door towards the trunk and pushing it towards the front of the vehicle. You may have to do it more than once. But it has worked every single time I've had to do it. Just my 2 cents on my 2006 Honda Odyssey.

690

What fuse there isn't one marked sliding doors?

110

Wow!!:-) Im so happy! Thank you for the info it helped me fix my sliding door. All winter its been shut and not working and because of your post I FIX IT!! THANK YOU! Doing the happy dance.:-)

110

Under the hood on passenger side fuse box its the first 40 if that's not the right 40 try the other 40

60

OMG!!!!! This reset process really works...my door now open..thank you thank you very much..:)

230

My has done this on the driver side for over a year. I had replaced the roller prior to the issue. Dealer then replaced the roller and then it still did it. Reset works for 3-4 open close cycles then stops again. Dealer gave a laundry list of parts to replace about $2000 with little guarantee it would be fixed. Replacing the entire parts list on the door opener is not my idea of troubleshooting! Need some ides here.

40

Gatorpa - Did you ever resolve> I thought I had mine fixed with new battery terminal clamps, but no

160

i have a 2004 Odyssey and the drivers sliding door is not working, i already try all resets and is still not working we take off the gas door and put it back, we already test the motor and is working i don't know what is wrong Suggestions please

100

I found this on another site and it seems to be working for me for now. Turn off the power doors using the dashboard switch to the left of the steering wheel. Open your doors manually as far as they’ll go – but be gentle! Optional: Remove fuse #13 from the passenger side fuse panel and wait 30 seconds before popping it back in. Turn the power doors back on using the dashboard switch. Close the doors using the dashboard buttons or key fob. Test the doors using the door handle.

110

I have a 2004 and the sliding doors work with the keys and the switch on the dash but occasionally at the handles. When you "pop" the handle sometimes it will open and sometimes it won't. It's doing this on both sides. Any one seen and fixed this issue?

50

Like magic.... Thanksssss Fuse nbre 7

110

I tried doing the fuse(#7) thing and reset the doors, and my passenger sliding door would work for a few times and then it wouldn't open, not even manually or remote or even the switch.

10

Does this work for 07 Nissan quest too. Even the sensors for backing up don't work ether can you help.

150

For safety reasons, Honda locks out the system until it is fixed or reset. There are DTC codes that can be generated. But, the first troubleshooting step saving time and money is to simply reset by pulling the fuse. However, if it keeps coming back, there could be a problem and someone needs to see what the DTC is. I think my problem is probably related to a stuck door and the fail safe is to lockout to prevent frying the door motor.

150

On the 2000 Odyssey, it's fuse #13, one of the two red 7.5A fuses in the top center.

40

Thanks for the Advice. I followed these steps and also had to disconnect the battery to perform a "Hard Reset". If by chance you decide to disconnect the battery, be sure to have your radio "Security Code" handy as you will need to enter the code into the radio in order to re-enable the radio as the security system will disable it automatically upon your vehicle losing power.

10

OMG thank you so much my 2007 doors stopped working and now they work thanks again for your help

50

I was checking the latch on l/s sliding door, by manually tripping the forward latch. Now, I can't get it to open up. Ideas?

60

does not work for me 3 or 4 times its funtional but then stop working i allready check it and the computer(module) of the sliding door is the problem i bought it brand new and i reset it and it works perfectly i hope it will help my post good luck.

50

Was a gr8 on how to fix the sliding door issue with my honda odeyssey it works perfect. Thanks

50

The mechanic wants to take $400.00 to fix this I told my wife to hold on and wait let me try what I have just read so I rush to the shop to try it and it works you save me thanks again

30

Totonoel, Really want to kiss you guy. I fixed it to my 2005 Odyssy. Dealer said could cost me $800, and now I paid 0.

120

I need help ... I can't find the fuse on the passages side for the 2006 Honda oddsey for the sliding door

30

Thank you!got my sliding door to work you saved me $I don't have right now thanks again! The fuse trick worked!

50

I can't thank you enough for sharing this fix!!!!! I was told $730 for an actuator, which I don't have. I'm a single mother, but I research everything....I started with my owners manual and decided to replace the fuse. My passenger door (which was not working) worked a couple times and then they BOTH stopped working. All this work in the hot Florida sun and I thought I had it fixed, then both doors broken????? So I googled and found this....whoever you are, you are my guardian angel! Your directions were perfectly stated and the reset worked. I now have both power sliding doors function, before the first day of school car line drop-off!!! Thank you

20

I have 1999 Honda Odyssey. It worked!!!! On EX model there is a small fuse box under the hood on driver side with only two fuses. Thanks!!!

40

Another issue can be the actuator is sticking. The tiny motor that runs the actuator that fully unlaches the door and let's it slide gets gummy after a while. Take the panel off, take out the actuator, pry it open CAREFULLY, then soak the internal plastic gears in silicone spray lube. Work the gears all around and get a good coat on everything then snap it back together. My old "bad door" is now my good door!

70

I can't seem to find my exact issue anywhere. My drivers side door works fine. Passenger side won't open with the remote or the switch (just sounds like the actuator is running but not catching) but opens manually. 9/10 times when it is almost closed it stops and opens again meaning I have to "assist" the door closed and push on the back. I was told the motor is bad and it's like a $1300 fix (disabled vet so I can't afford something like that) Thank you in advance.

60

Greenguy130 this may help your issue: http://www.odyclub.com/forums/52-2005-2010-odyssey/54192- 2005-ody-ls-sliding-door-latch.html

70

No dice Betsy, still the same behavior. I wish I could post videos, such a hard issue to explain. Thank you though.

30

Linda you said you replaced the computer module I called Honda for a computer module for sliding door they said they don't have computer module they have "sliding door control '' did mean the same and also how hard or easy was it to install? Please let me know thank you

thanks you!

I am having a similar issue. Both center rollers on my 2005 honda odyssey needed to be replaced. I had them both replaced and my passenger door worked for a few times then stopped and the dash "slide" light came on. It will work again if i disconnect the battery for a couple times but then does the same thing again and stops working... Does anyone have any tips that could help me out... I want to try anything before I have to replace the actuator or lock assembly like the dealership said might need to be replaced. Thanks in advance!!!

20

Did this reset on a 2012 Honda Odyssey passenger side sliding door. By pulling fuse #13 on the passenger side fuse panel and followed the directions above. (Door would open electronically but would not close, just beeped 3 times.

Thank you for the tip, it was very helpful. - Ajay

10

i see tha all hondas odysseys have the same problem why is that? i just bought a 2005 odyssey and i got the same door problem.

50

just replaced door lock actuator on 2000 odyssey ex because remote won't unlock/ lock sliding door neither switch by driver side. only the driver side door/ passenger and rear lock opens/close but not the two sliding doors. anyways, i was able to buy actuator on the driver side sliding door. no stock on the passenger side. i did not disconnect battery by the way while doing this. i unplugged the old one first and connected the new one to test it if it works before removing the assembly. i press the switch or remote but the new actuator did nothing on its own. i then move it by hand and heard something inside so i guess it's working? anyways, after installing the new one, when i close the sliding door, it automatically locks itself. when i slide the lock to unlock it, it locks right back!! what did i do wrong? is the actuator defective? not disconnecting battery or plugging it for test caused damage? again the other side passenger lock was not yet replaced either. no parts available. will that needs s to be replaced too that way it won't auto lock? can someone help me? thank you

50

20

My 2002 honda odessey doors won't close how can I fix that problem

10

Fuse #13 inside the car on the passenger side works for me. I have a 2000 Odessey EX. Perfect! Thanks to all you guys!!!!!

10

Will resetting resolve an issue of when you push the button to open the slider door and you hear the door attempt to open and a few clicks but thedoor doesn't open?

10

bshapes I have that same problem with my driver side sliding door. It will beep a few times like the sliding door is locked then won't open. Also, after that the sliding door light lights up on front dashboard. Also, it won't make that sound again till I manually open the door and close it. I tried the above trick a few times, nothing worked. If anyone can suggest something, I am all ears.

On the 2006 Odessey, pull the #7 fuse on the "Drivers side fuse box". Turn off sliding door on/off switch on dash. Turn ignition key to "O" but don't start the engine. Manually open and close door. Replace fuse, you should hear a beep (With Ignition still on). Turn on/off switch back on and check with switch or remote. This will clear fault but it may return if there's a problem.

2005 Honda Odessey.My drivers side sliding door won't open automatically. I have to open it manually. Then I start driving and the sliding door will randomly open. How do I fix this and how much will it cost to fix. Can someone help me please