Cranks but wont start

10

Asked by Aug 20, 2015 at 10:52 AM about the 2003 Dodge Neon 4 Dr SXT Sedan

I installed a new radiator in my wife's car and now it wont start. She drove it to the place I did the repair and it started and ran good. I removed the air cleaner box and ECM that is mounted to the left core support to access the radiator but I didn't disconnect any of the wiring except the battery to keep from shorting anything out. I reassembled the new radiator, checked everything over connected the battery and filled the cooling system. When I went to start it, I couldn't get it to start. I can hear the fuel pump come on then off. Very confused any help please?

65,995

Check that the ECM is securely mounted and grounded. The ECM is probably grounded to the chassis by the outer metal shell. Sounds like when you moved the ECM a bad ground connection was created. HTH. -Jim

10

Thank you, I will remove the ECM and clean the mating surfaces on both sides. It sounds reasonable and I hope you are right. Thank you Jim

65,995

You're welcome. Glad to help. -Jim

So this happened to me also expect I was able to drive it but it over heated and instantly shut down. it will crank but not start. I should say the radiator was replaced before I bought the car.