2003 Dodge Neon intermittent starting problem

Asked by Sep 15, 2014 at 11:12 AM about the 2003 Dodge Neon 4 Dr SXT Sedan

I have a 2003 Neon that runs great but sometimes when I turn it off it will not fire when i try
to restart it later. Turns over fine and if I let it set for a while it will start later as though
something resets. Does not seem to matter how long the engine has been running or hot it
is before turning it off. never dies while it is running. anyone have any ideas?

33,765

Congratulations! :-) Your the first owner of a Neon that isn't posting here with a laundry list of problems. My suggestion is that you sell it as soon as you have the starting issues straightened out and by a comparable size and fuel economy type Ford Honda or early this century Toyota.

makes sense to me

64,365

Check fuel filter and pump.And Bmark,is right,sell it neon is the yugo of dodge.

Buy a Corolla 9th generation, no newer than 2006 model year. After that they went downhill. You won't regret it. I get 40 mpg, rivals hybrids. No BS on that. Nary a problem, not one. An LE is 90% luxurious as a Camry for 30% less money...avoid CE Trim unless you don't mind hand-crank windows and a few other things like that. I sound like a salesman but speaking from experience...my garage is not alltogether truthful...(everything on the internet is true though!) fact is I have had the car for over 3 years and have nothing but praise (I really do have a 1976 F250 also)

33,765

If you want living proof of the advice F.N. is giving, come to Southeast Asia. 99% of the taxis are 9th generation Corollas. And if you think the roads are bad and people drive like fools where you live? Come here. LOL