transmission issue

50

Asked by Feb 02, 2013 at 11:54 AM about the 2003 Dodge Neon 4 Dr SXT Sedan

In my 2003 dodge neon sxt...  the transmission input and output sensors have been changed about 6 months ago.  this solved the issue of the vehicle not shifting out of first gear and the speedo started working again. Now the vehicle is showing symptoms of the same issue I believe, speedo is floating above then below actual speed on acceleration and levels out at correct speed verified by flashing speed trap signs on the road.  when the speedo floats by over 15 mph it downshifts but only during heavy acceleration.I will replace the input and output sensors myself again, I was wondering if another part is the reason the sensors are failing?  possibly how often this will occur?

before you replace them again, just check the connections first, one may nave come loose

50

very good idea, I wish I was around when this problem showed up the first time. car was in psychotic mode when i came into the picture, simple advanced auto scan showed me the sensor issue. no trouble codes yet at this time.

260

Just gonna give u aheads up its a dodge trany beware i just got done working on mine today they all have shifting problems around this year

50

the only sensors in stock are not the cheap ones... hope it works longer this time...

170

Can somebody please help me i was going to work in my 2002 dodge neon suddenly the gears didnt want to move up to a other gear i put a new transmission on it and it. still does the same it dont want to change gears can somebody tell me what it is...????

1,455

it might be in "limp mode" which prevents the car from going out of 1st gear. can be caused from multiple issues, do you have a CEL on?

70

Can someone help. My 2005 sxt won't shift to 2nd Gear I my car was in a collision on front and broke the output sensor I replaced it but did not replace the input sensor..

120

I have 2002 Dodge neon it runs slow thru gears then it slips after driving a while please help

80

my car a dodge neon 2002 automatic just now doing same,last night the check engine pop on i disconect the battery and it was gone now today the same check engine pop and dont change gear stock in first,any help on that..

60

I have a problem with my 200t dodge neon transmission shifts early and it also shifts late..... can someone please help me with this please

50

I am having the same issue with my 2003 neon. I replace the transmission, computer and the instrument cluster panel but it still won't shift from 1st gear. Can someone help please

10

First thing dodge neon don't have 1st gear just 2 3 4

30

there is a shift solenoid on the outside front of the transmission that goes bad. I can't remember if it was the 1/2 or the 3/4 but easy fix. it is directly below the air cleaner box.