I have a 03 Dodge Neon ..

Delanie Murphy

Asked by Dec 23, 2013 at 11:29 AM about the 2003 Dodge Neon 4 Dr SE Sedan

I just replaced the alternator, battery, computer, coil pack, and crankshaft.  Car runs fine.  
But once I turn it off, It wont start for 3 hours.  Sometimes this happens and sometimes it
doesn't.  It turns over and seems like its gonna start but nothing.  And it always seems to
be exactly 3 hours until the next start.  Any ideas what it could be?

a corroded main ground connection...1/0 black battery cable....the end that bolts to the chassis/ground....disassemble and wirebrush the lug (holdin' that with a pliers) and the place where it was bolted to....with a wirebrush~...put them together for restored ground....the three hours business can be attributed to the "memory effect" of the battery....which if five years old is kaput....will not accept a charge very easily....and this might be the source of the problems....all~get a NEW battery~

Delanie Murphy

I just replaced the battery. :(

yes...the end of the black cable (not the clamp end) but the lug end needs to be cleaned with a wirebrush till shiny...the spot on the chassis too....get rid of all the corrosion that is there...you new battery will be able to see the electrical connections to the ignition system, the fuel system and the ECU clearly with NO wavering amperages and a steady 12.5 volts~...then~

all the neon owners are cuties....blush....:)