Accleration

Asked by Jul 18, 2011 at 12:28 PM about the 2003 Dodge Neon 4 Dr SE Sedan

Hey there so im having some problems with some acceration on my neon (keep in mind
here im still abit new to the car world) the problem seems to be a off and on issue what
seems fo happen is say im driving on the highway at 120 kms and have to stop when i go to
take off the car will barly move. If i press the gas pedle as far as it will go it will reach 4000
rpms but still wount accerate any faster (ex. 3 secs to reach 30km from 20k
S) i noticed if you turn the car off then back on the problem temperaly gos away if you
anything that would help that would be awesome

55

I would check into some fuel flow/pressure issues...

Ok, ill look into that ill grab a pressure gage for the fuel line see what i get. I have a parts car so geting the pieces i may need wount be to much of a problem. Thanx.

55

You are welcome. Start simple. Then go from there..

6,755

it is either a fuel problem or a torque converter problem.... have you checked the trans cooler in the radiator sometimes they will break off the nipple on the radiator and loose fluid... low fluid = low trans pressure ...low pressure = no movement.