what would cause my 2003 dodge intrepid not crank over

215

Asked by Feb 18, 2013 at 10:59 PM about the 2003 Dodge Intrepid SE

when i turn the key to the on position all the lights and bells work. i turn the key to the start possition
and get nothing. No fuel pump kicking on not even a relay clicking sound when i hook the obdII to the
car it reads NO LINK car is getting ready to be scraped if i cant get it figured out.had one person tell me
it may be a broken wire in between the key switch and the computer

could be a leaked cell on your automotive 12v battery is now a 10v because one cell is bad. test the output voltage, then replace the battery.

215

battery is new and have also tried starting with the battery charger/booster still no luck

bad chip in key on some cars, and on some will spin but not start

1,555

have you checked the fuses?

sounds like A.) corroded positive at the starter motor B.)chassis ground to frame is corroded C.) black wire to engine is corroded.

1,555

look you're gonna want to check the batter and all the connections. if that's not it you'll want to check your fuses and relays next, the fact that you are getting power suggests that it may not be your battery.

if your battery is more than 7 years old, it will not pull the necessary cranking amps needed, think around 300 Cold Cranking Amps is what is required to spin yours starter with any degree of reliability...to get that reliability you're going to have to examine the hugeass 1/0 battery cables red and black and assure the other end of the black wire is solidly connected to the chassis/ground underwell unibody, and to the motor block....needs to pull 300 cold cranking amps...smaller wire will catch fire (hey that rhymes)...kinda Japanese~ kinda GURU~

you could/should LOAD test this battery (bring it to a garage) where they will gleefully put it into a dead-short condition for ten seconds...then stick it on the charger to see if it's holdin' up the show~ crappy batteries will self-destruct under these conditions ~

...as the age increases so will the ability to recharge....you said you got a new battery, did you look at the scuff-off labels to see how old this one is? might have bought a real egg here~

10

mines still wont start and i put a new sterter and a new baterry