While driving and i want to eccelerate the car dont go faster my ref counter rather go higher,what can it be and what can i do?

Asked by Jun 12, 2015 at 01:26 AM about the 1985 Volkswagen Jetta GLI

I trew gearbox oil in the wrong place so my
cluctch got some oil.I dont have money to
change my clutch,what can i do to repair it
for so long????

2,905

try to get degreaser in there and wash off

Can i also use enjin cleaner and how must i do it?

Trade 'er in and Git 'er done with a new set of wheels!! Summertime Specials are here...right NOW!! Sometime ya gotta rock out with yer socks out!

2,905

yap, you need to get to the clutch plate and pressure plate , spray engine cleaner let it sit then wash off and enjoy

2,905

jamesrhodes????? we try to help each-other on this site!!!!!!!!!!!!! not selling cars, go to CARS FOR SALE.COM

78,195

Once a clutch gets oil on it you never can get it all out, degreaser can help but you als run the chance of ruining other clutch componets like the throw out bearing or the pilot bearing, none of those like water. So if you do intend on trying the degreaser the clutch needs to be disengaged from the flywheel so you will need to block the clutch pedal down, and after you have rinsed it down start the engine, and cycle the clutch in and out like you would when driving, this has to be dry before shutting it off or the possibility of the clutch plate rusting to the flywheel increases. It would be a good idea to drive it around for 10 to 15 minutes. Hopefully you can get enough of the lube out of the clutch material to make it hold better. I wish you good luck on you endeavor.

1,205

You'll have to find someone willing to install a new clutch rsasonably. The opening on top of the clutch is to view the timing marks. Gear oil goes in through the speedometer cable drive gear, not filled to the top, either.