Hello~ just got bad news today that my engine in my 1987 SEV6 4x4 Pathfinder is shot..... what is the lowest possible $ range to get a rebuilt, used, or remanufactured engine? Im in the Bay Area of CA, thank you

Asked by Sep 18, 2012 at 01:30 AM about the 1987 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4WD

engine blown... what are the replacement options?

35

{Joke} Dude whatchu doin' with that ancient car? I think you should go for a remanufactured one. I dunno how to quote as I'm way over here in Nigeria. I think your car's a CLASSIC!

435

Hope you can find a way to get it fixed. I can't quote a price for you, but it may not be as expensive as I would fear. My dad had to replace the engine in his '04 Saturn VUE. We found a used engine from a junkyard find that was rear-ended. Got it for $800 and installed for about another $800. If you can find someone to rebuild yours, it may be a little cheaper (since you already have the engine). Otherwise, good luck finding an engine that old. Hope you get some good news.