1984 dodge ram50 headlights

Asked by Apr 13, 2014 at 01:58 PM about the 1984 Dodge RAM 150 Long Bed

Proud owner of a 60K original mile 84 ram 50 I hope someone can help. All of the parking
lights, work, as well as blinkers. When I turn the switch for the lights the first position is
parking, and it engages the relay under the hood. the second click for the headlights
engages the second relay but the headlights dont come on. BUT...if I hold the dimmer
switch back my headlights come on (bright) but they dont stay on.

105,865

Sounds like a bad relay or bad light switch. Might even be a bad head light fuse. On most cars if you pull the dimmer switch back without the lights turned on the high beams will do as yours is doing.

Did you ever find a solution to your problem? I just purchased a 1986 Ram 50, and I'm experiencing the very same issue. I've opened and cleaned the relay, and everything appears to be in working order on that end (the electromagnetic coil is intact).