my taillights on my85DodgeD150 randomly quit working. the brake lights work but when i turn on my lights for night they dont work at all. oh and when my lights are on my gas gauge doesnt work. ideas?

5

Asked by Jun 11, 2012 at 10:53 PM about the 1985 Dodge RAM 150 Long Bed

305

i would check for wiring issues such as multiple splices and that sort of thing

245

think you,ve got wires melted together from a bad short did someone by pass a fuze or put to high of an amp one in.you have a short created by athe melted cluster and circuit is not being completed and power is following another path because of it,i have the same truck i drive every day with a short box.had some nightmare wire issues myself with it.

245

if thats not the problem you have grounding issues,pullall your bulbs make sure there is not a bunch of corrosion under them if thats ok check ground wires for tight and that the steel under them is not pure rust

5

hey dwayne it was the wiring thanks for the help