I was Reading Problems about a Dodge Stratus and came across a conversation the someone said that he finally had Replaced an input/output sensors and the little wire harness; replacing this solved his problem. What is an Input/Output Sensors and does my 2oo4 Dodge Stratus has this and where are they located. I can't seem to find out.

Asked by Sep 13, 2015 at 09:17 PM about the 2004 Dodge Stratus SXT Coupe

Get a Haynes manual at part store.

6,960

What are the symptomsand rest of your information on your vehicle? His problems may not be your problems.

Best Answer

They aren't big problems. A manual for your vehicle us all u need if you do it yourself..

6,960

What code or codes are stored in your system? what system are you testing? are you using a code reader? did you get it loaned from the parts store ? is there a warning light lit in the car? which light?

I have already bought the manual, We found no information in it that seemed to help us. The conversation i'm referring to sounded right up my alley..... They talked about all the problems i seemed to be experiencing on the same make/model car. I told my husband he would not help me by looking a what they said. I don't know if its something he done to my car...I got the parts and had my husband to have the car tuned up end of last year but recently after the car sat up over 6 mths I had to persist he just check on my sparks plugs and someo loosen all 4 ofly my sparks plugs. My son used his CarMD on it and at first he gave the codes P0733 and P1751. I think they mean Catalytic Converter/Auto Trans Valve Body... Then I check and notice some fuses missing; I found out about those and replace them. Then we reset and reread the code none came up then we tested the car and it seemed to run beautiful them Check engine service light came back on then Me and my husband got a reading on it they simply said It looks like transmission issue. I don't have much money and I have to solve this myself I feel like someone did this to my car It ran good... So you see when the conversation I heard the man changed his TCM and a few other things that I have already look into It changes gears only if you don't force it then it won't change out of 1st. We have experienced the same complaint about putting it in drive then giving it some gas then there seemed to be a nice and firm jerk that happens at times but not always...This is what the conversation was about that i viewed and (HE) replaced his lnput/output sensors and the wire harness. He doesn't have any trouble with his vehicle anymore. I don't know about this part they said go to the Dealers. I need to know what this part is and can it have an effect to seem like Transmission trouble. By the way my husband works on Big Rigs....Please help should I go to Dealers or Trans. Shop; I only have a little money and i need this solved!!!

6,960

Try googling your year, make model and the symptom. "delayed engagement"? harsh delayed engagement? wont go into gear right away? Idle speed too high? and harsh engagement into drive? however you see it best or key words you recall from reading about it. The term TCM seems to indicate trans control module, perhaps, in mopar technology. If the guy had the same issues, use his terms to type into the search engine for your PC. That can bring up discussions about the problem, or similar problems, then you must try and figure whether they really apply to YOUR Make model and year.......Your dealer should be able to search for recalls, bulletins, from mopar engineering. they have a website of their own about hard to decipher problems. The dealer needs at least your VIN to begin the general search to find possibilities. If something came up that way? maybe they can tell you a basic price to get started or know what parts to order, I cannot speak for them. If you knew what sensor threw a code besides "valve body" you might have a clue. what codes are present after previous repair ? did you clear them and let them reset? then if they are hard fault clues, you can look them up at (enginecodes.com) probable causes and leads to pinpoint testing can come from that website, there are others. you have lots of time not lots of money, you said. Keep this paragraph to refer to as you make your attempts down the many avenues, who knows, maybe the first place you would check is right. read up, then ask service advisor in service at your dealer, they may even know right off what you mean.. like shift solenoids or harness issue? Dealer is good, your codes mean alot so know fresh readings.........as far as your tune issues? sounds like the plugs were in snug but not tightened. anybody can make a mistake, even Mr. Mopar Tech the little pillsbury mo boy, hahaha Well Bob ? should I torque them? No Tech, You cannot move your arms. Lame ! Those are training videos from mopar, but anyway, hopefully, they give a durn.