I am about to purchase Certified Honda Accord 2012 EX. CARFAX won't have any accident report. Dealer says that Honda certification won't check only CARFAX Reports.But my bank found "MINOR ACCIDENT OR VEHICLE DAMAGEREPORTED: REAR CENTER". So it is ok to buy this vehicle? Autocheck reports are needed to be consider while purchasing a vehicle? Will it create a problem while reselling?Please help me to understand this.

60

Asked by May 28, 2015 at 04:26 PM about the 2012 Honda Accord EX

I am about to purchase Certified Honda Accord 2012 EX. CARFAX won't have any
accident report. Dealer says that Honda certification won't check only CARFAX
Reports.
But my bank found "MINOR ACCIDENT OR VEHICLE DAMAGE
REPORTED: REAR CENTER". So it is ok to buy this vehicle? Autocheck reports are
needed to be consider while purchasing a vehicle? Will it create a problem while
reselling?
Please help me to understand this.

3,675

It most definitely could create a problem if reselling, just as it is creating one for you now. It is a personal matter if you don't mind a car that has been hit & repaired. As for the Dealer "Certified" used car, walk away from any dealer who wants to hide any facts about the car by refusing to run and print out a full car history report for you!

Best Answer Mark helpful
90

We at Military Auto Center show both CarFax and AutoCheck for this very reason. They are as good as humans report to them. Sometimes there are errors. If this is an independent dealer.. they can not truly certify a vehicle. A certified Honda has to be at a Honda dealership as it is Honda backing the vehicle with their warranty. As 865 said.. if they are trying to hide anything.. walk away. The other is to ask if you can have the vehicle inspected by an independent mechanic, at your cost, to see if it is damaged. If they say no, that is another red flag.. walk away.

60

Yeah. Its having Honda Dealership and its reply on Autocheck report - "Honda uses Carfax not auto check. It's certified via Honda's approval." And with this issue, he is not ready to reduce the price. Even I provided the employer discount certificate. But he replied - "I'm sorry but unfortunately the vehicle is discounted as much as I can allow." and speak very rudely on phone - "If you want it then get it or leave it. I know, you will not get this much price anywhere and that's why you are interested with us." Finally I cancel the deal with them and booked a brand new Corolla. Thanks for suggestion.

95

Minor fender benders do show up on Carfax auto reports and it's no big deal. Yes a consumer wants to make extra sure the title is clean always and not a salvage. The only concern you need to look into is if a car has had any FRAME damage or repair, light or otherwise repairs........Carfax wees most of these out, if Carfax is clear and you are truly buying a Certified (meaning Honda dealer did their 100 point or whatever inspection, etc.)....you are fine....it had a minor fender bender like most cars have...I've had my back bumper and mechanics under the bumper replaced 4 times now, no big whoop. And no, it won't cause a problem in you reselling at all. I assume you have the carfax in hand.

90

If truly concerned ask if you can have a third party mechanic check it out. If they say no.. find another vehicle. You may have some trouble later trading it in as most other dealers will use any accident report in putting a value on the car.. that would not be in your favor. Always ask for an AuoCheck report as well. Same as a CarFax but sometimes has more details. If selling to a private party later as long as you know there it nothing major.. allow them to take to their mechanic for inspection and you should not have a problem. Good luck!

60

Dealer is not ready for inspection as its certified car. So I move to another vehicle now. Thanks for your postings.

10

Try use https://www.epicvin.com and check their vin report. They have more info then carfax and have photos of the vehicles