neon wont start

Asked by Feb 01, 2014 at 08:25 AM about the 2004 Dodge Neon 4 Dr SXT Sedan

I replaced the battery and starter 2 months ago , daughter is 110 miles away from home at collage. has a friend who is semi skilled mechanic.she parked the car and when she went to start it got nothing. what could be the problem?.I bought the best starter and battery,with lifetime warrenty, starter hung up a month ago,and I took it loose and it worked,re-installed it and it worked fine.!

39,925

Have your daughter turn the key to the ON position and hold it there like she's trying to start the car. Have her friend get underneath and rap on the starter with a hammer. If the car suddenly starts after pounding on the starter, it's time to replace it again. Solenoid is sticking......

thanks