Car won't start right away, car wont start in colder weather?

Asked by Nov 24, 2013 at 02:27 PM about the 2004 Dodge Neon 4 Dr SXT Sedan

my neon is doing peculiar things,  started flashing a red light when I turn on the ignition, and flashes for 10 to 30 sec.  During this time when in gauging the starter while light flashing nothing happens. I have to wait for this light to go out.  My car was bought through an  auto salvage and a key was made by a key master.....  Secondly when the temperature gets down under 40 . F   I must in gauge the ignition 2 times,  turning the key all the way off , then on again awaiting for the fuel pump to run again... if I do not wait the car starts but dies off,  my fuel pump is 1 year old . Thanks

1st issue sounds like its SKIM related. the key the locksmith made, is it a grey fat key, or is it a skinny black key? the 2nd issue i think is the fuel pump regulator went bad, its located on the fuel pump canister, can be removed from the outside, easily replaced.

we have a grey fat key

ok thats good, although normally if the skim locks you out it wont let you start the car at all, not just a delay. As much as i hate to suggest it, a dealer could check the SKIM system with a DRBIII to ensure it is working properly. that is the only thing i could think of that it could be.