04 SXT Overheated and now will not move once put in drive

5

Asked by Feb 21, 2012 at 11:00 AM about the 2004 Dodge Neon 4 Dr SXT Sedan

My car over heated last night, after letting it cool down and adding coolant, we restarted fine, temps stayed normal, but when put in drive it wont move anywhere. It revs up but just doesn't go. Any ideas?

2,785

Check your transmission fluid level sounds like you may have lost some fluid, check also there is no oil in the coolant system as this could be where the fluid has gone, if there is oil in the coolant then you may have blown the oil cooler which is generally part of the radiator.

1,575

yeah i'm willing to bet the trans cooler/radiator burst internally and mixed the rad fluid and trans fluid. its unfortunately a common issue. you can try replacing the radiator and flushing the trans, and hopefully it still works but you may end up needing to rebuild the trans.