2004 dodge neon

135

Asked by May 12, 2011 at 11:24 AM about the 2004 Dodge Neon 4 Dr SE Sedan

replaced coil pack, camshaft positioning sensor, and crank sensor..it turns over fine
but the plugs aren't firing..

495

It could be the computer

Best Answer Mark helpful
135

EVERYTHING ELSE APPEARS TO BE OK..LIKE I SAID IT TURNS OVER OK..THE SCANS I'VE GOTTEN BACK FROM IT SHOW CODES THAT READ IGNITION CIRCUIT LOW OR MAPBAR CIRCUIT LOW..I'M SCRATCHING MY HEAD AND HOPING IT'S NOT THE COMPUTER!

495

have you check the map sensor it could be cover in oil and is not reading correctly.

135

MAN I SURE HAVEN'T MAINLY BECAUSE I DON'T KNOW WHERE IT'S LOCATED..CAN YOU HELP?? I DO APPRECIATE IT

495

it's located at the intake manifold

495

have you check the timing.

135

the timing is good..from what i can tell it needs a new cpm..guessing that is the computer..checking the junk yards for a used one now..what's a good price for one of those? and also will it have to be programmed to my car? thanks again for your assistance! it's been a great car..it has 360,000 miles on it..best car i've ever owned.

495

you might have to programmed to your car because your car has a anti tefht divice on the stearing colum, also if you go to a u-pull it junkyard it should be around $100 or less.

135

FINALLY SOME GOOD NEWS!! THAT I CAN DO..I WILL LET YOU KNOW WHAT I COME UP WITH..THANKS AGAIN CHIEF!!

495

allright let me know.

135

OK MAYBE IT'S NOT THE COMPUTER..SEEMS LIKE HE SAID ECM..DOES THAT SOUND RIGHT??

12,795

the ECM is the Engine Control Module, otherwise known as the "computer"

135

GOTCHA, WELL I'M BEING TOLD BY MY MECHANIC THAT IT WILL EITHER BE AROUND 300.00 TO 700.00..SOUND RIGHT TO YOU??

495

yes thats rigth

495

maybe so but more to the 300 mark

135

I HOPE SO..I CAN'T AFFORD TO PUT TOO MUCH MORE MONEY INTO THIS CAR..LIKE I SAID IT HAS 380,000 MILES ON IT..HOW HARD IS IT TO INSTALL..PRETTY EXPENSIVE??

495

it's not that hard, it's located under air filter box

135

GOOD DEAL..THANKS AGAIN.

120

Help! I am having the same problem with my 2004 Dodge Neon. The timing went in 2007-fixed. This year the heads needed replacing-fixed. Cam sensor code keeps appearing, replaced twice. Car runs smooth , sounds great, but twenty minutes down the road its starts hestitating -like its got a bad fuel problem. Any ideas as to what it is? A qualified mechanic has it and I also have had the timing looked at by 3 diffrent people and all is in sync. Its not out of gas and the computer as also been changed

1,835

lhprince, make sure a Chrysler Cam sensor is installed. I had 2 aftermarket sensors in my 2003 and they would throw the check engine light after about 5 minutes of run time. The aftermarket sensors operate outside the proper parameters for the computer, but the car will run.