Upon Start Up Transmission Shifting Occasionally Hesitates

Carl Beigle

Asked by Dec 05, 2015 at 01:26 PM about the 2004 Dodge Neon 4 Dr R/T Sedan

Not all the time, but occasionally, upon startup, the auto transmission will hesitate. Now I know that it's almost 12 years old, but....I just had the transmission repaired. All the fluid levels have been checked. Any ideas?

take your automobile back to your shop and ask the technician if he drained and replaced the transmission fluid and ask the technician if he replaced the transmission fluid filter, also if the automobile has covered a lot of miles then the chances are the clutch bands on the annulus are worn, it is important, as with any automobile that the oil and filters in everything from motor to diff are changed at the regular service intervals.