I HAVE AN ISSUE WITH MY 04 SRT4... WHEN THE CLUTCH IS ENGAGED I HEAR A RATTLING NOISE, BUT WHEN I PRESS ON THE CLUTCH THE RATTLING NOISE GOES AWAY WHEN ITS IN NEUTRAL. IT ALSO TAPS WHEN I GAS IT AND IT GOES BETWEEN 3 AND 35 RPM. I THOUGHT IT WAS THE THROW OUTBEARING BUT I REPLACED THAT AND ITS STILL DOING IT. IS ANYONE ELSE HAVING THE SAME ISSUES IM HAVING? PLEASE LET ME KNOW

5

Asked by Aug 03, 2013 at 02:56 PM about the 2004 Dodge Neon 4 Dr R/T Sedan

395

If you have an aftermarket clutch it would most likely just be the clutch free spinning a factory clutch has a spring to hold it still aftermarket ones that are stronger don't. And what do you mean by taps?

5

TAPPING BY IT GOES CLANK CLANK CLANK CLANK WHEN U GAS IT, BUT ONLY WHEN U GAS IT. WHEN U TAKE UR FOOT OFF THE GAS AND ITS MOVING U DONT HEAR THE SOUND

1,585

Sounds like the springs on the clutch disc may be making contact with the flywheel. I've seen it before, typically it requires a complete replacement.