I replaced the radiator on my 2004 Dodge Intrepid, the 3 days later my transmission went into limp mode. Are these two problems related?

Asked by Oct 10, 2012 at 08:16 PM about the 2004 Dodge Intrepid SE

The first transmission shop said the solenoid pack needed replacing. The second said the transmission probably needed to be rebuilt along with replacing the solenoid pack and the main compuiter may need replacing as well.  They both ran a diagnostic. Please help.

9,015

why was the radiator replaced?, and not usually, unless it is due to accident by mechanic....you must not have gone to Dodge themselves, they can diagnose exactly if it is the main computer throwing everything else out of whack, a glitch, or misreading will indicate a bad transmission, and it is possible, but most likely, due to the main computer, it controls the solenoid, see if a junk yard has one to try, and if they are the same, should work.....

Thank you. The radiator was replaced because it had a hole in the top of it. It didn't run hot, it just drained all my antifreeze out of the reservoir after I drove it. Prior to that it blew a hole in the thermastat housing causing it to overheat. No, I did not have Dodge run a diagnostic. Both transmission shops ran the dignostic on it.

9,015

difference is the computers they use, and the capability of those units. most shops use the generic, mutli-car capable device. Dodge can simulate, and test each sensor/module individually, sure the $100 or so fee for the diag is inconvenient, but eliminates 100% of the guessing....sorry I couldn't help further

Best Answer Mark helpful