where is the low tire reset button located

Asked by Dec 02, 2014 at 03:12 PM about the 2012 Toyota Highlander Base V6

Sorry, I don't have the correct answer for you. On my car the low tire light goes off by it's self about 20 seconds after I put air in the low tire.

Looking at related questions it seems this is a common problem for your SUV. One guy said it was his spare tire that was low and it reset after filling it. An other person posted this : "Your switch is located under the dashboard towards the right hand side of the drivers side of the dash. Press and hold it for three seconds, making sure the warning light in the instrument panel flashes once every two seconds. if that doesnt cure it than the shop you took it to could have damaged your tire pressure sensors while changing the tires if done improperly."

On the fourth try I found the Reset button on my 2013 Toyota Highlander Limited. As you're sitting in the drivers seat it is waaay under the dash on the right side very close to the bolt that attaches the decorative dash to the dash frame, on the right of the knee airbag and somewhat recessed.

Found on internet and it worked to turn of 2013 Toyota Highlander Tire Pressure Check Light: Turn the key on (engine off), then press and hold the RESET button until the flashing TPMS warning light goes off. Or, if it is not flashing, hold the RESET button until the light flashes three times. Turn the key off. Very IMPORTANT- make sure to turn key OFF after you press reset button. Reset button from other post--located waaaay under dash where plastic is bolted to frame, in front of driver side right knee airbag--there is a button underneath. This worked and finally tire pressure light is finally off!! Saved me a trip to Toyota Dealership to reset it for me!!! Thank you posters before me!!!!

On my 2015 Highlander Hybrid the button is behind the bolt holding the trim on the LEFT side. I had to crawl under there with a light to find it.

Quick note: The SPARE tire on a Highlander also has a pressure sensor (which is active even when NOT installed for driving). Was driving me nuts to see that all four tires installed on the vehicle were properly inflated, but the tire pressure light on the dash was still on. I inflated the spare and then reset and all is good. If the light comes on and you can't figure out why...check the spare! Hope this helps someone.

Make sure all tires including the spare are properly inflated (my 2013 Highlander is supposed to be 30# when cold by the door sticker). -Turn the key to ACC (accessory, where the radio plays but doesn't crank the car). Using these for symbols ( o T | ) The set button is where the drivers right knee would be near the center console cover '|', the button 'o' is just to the left of the right trim mounting bolt 'T' to get an idea it's like this, o T |. -Press the button till the tire pressure light (_!_) goes out or blinks three times. -Then turn the key to Lock. Done If the photo works you can see where the set button is on my 2013 highlander.