Why does my 92 Ford Chateau club wagon AC blows through the defroster vents?

Asked by Oct 05, 2011 at 03:31 PM about the 1992 Ford E-350 Chateau Club Wagon Passenger Van Ext

I tracked the vacuum lines to the vacuum actuator that changes the air flow from dash vents to the defroster and found no problems. When I accelerate the vacuum drops causing the actuator to redirect air flow to the defroster vents the dash vents. I'm assuming that there is a vacuum leak up stream from the dash switch/selector but can not find the source of the leak.  Any help is appreciated.

under hood on driver side is a check valve,round plastic part the vac lines hook to is bad,can get at any auto parts store in the help section.

Thanks, couldn't find any check valve under hood on Driver's side. I checked all hoses from the intake manifold (source) to the vacuum reservoir and found no check valves nor leaks in the system. I added a check valve to the vacuum actuator for the a/c / defroster door. It seemed to help some but I still loose vacuum when accelerating even with the check valve added. I have seen technicians add smoke to the intake system to check for leaks. Where might I find this "smoke"?

is at firewall at break booster,close to inner finderwell.is 3 vac lines hooked to it.