Driving home the other day my service engine light came on and has remained on ever since. Also the cruise control doesn't work right if at all. CD player problems too.

Asked by Aug 10, 2013 at 09:08 AM about the 2005 Dodge Stratus SXT

Driving home from work the other day the service engine light just came on.  It has not gone off since.  
The cruise control rarely if ever works.  If it will engage at all, it will stop working once you touch the brake and try to either reset for a lower or higher speed.  Generally speaking, if the cruise light comes on at all in never engages the cruise control and then the light goes off once I hit the set button.
I drive about 100 miles a day to and from work, so I listed to books on tape a lot.  Unfortunatley, this car doesn't seem to have the CD player work so well.  If it plays at all, it will spit out the cd when I turn the car off and then I have to try and find my place in the story on the CD again.  This is more annoying than anything, but still a problem.

Stop by your local auto parts (auto zone-advance) get them to check the code for the check engine light. They do not charge to do this. Then post that code back on here so we will have a better idea as to what's wrong with you vehicle. Drive safe