How do I take the governor off my 2012 Subaru impreza 2.0i?

20

Asked by Nov 07, 2012 at 09:57 AM about the 2012 Subaru Impreza 2.0i Limited

Help me out with changing the
computer on the gove 122 isn't
cutting it

I suggest you don't. For starters you have a 2012 so is still probably under factory warranty, say good-bye to that, void. The car is engineered the way it is for a reason, and also if you want to live to see 19 forget the whole thing. WTF is your hurry?

8,805

i understand the adrenaline from speed i do, and I can easily explain to you how to do such things, take it from a "retired from the scene" street racer. Dude the car can do many things, but the ratio of HUMAN TO MACHINE CONTROL still puts the human in MORE CONTROL, that of which you probably haven't aquired the skill for yet, reality is nothing like a video game...Ignorance such as that creates more than a hazard to me, you or anyone else on the road...it is a negative reflection on all of automobiles. Stop running with big dogs when you're a puppy...no offense to you personally, but be logical, and stop trying to show off. (I know it is about showing off, because the people that go 150, 160 + (such as i have MANY times), really knows how to do it...so leave it alone before you go screwing up every bit of electronic components and computers the car has...just an opinion, please consider it

20

Ok thank you for your concern. However, just because my user name is danyboy doesnt mean im a child im 26 and been behind some kind of a wheel since i was 10 so no i dont have profecional driving experiance. but neither to 90% of the drivers on the street. i would also like to add that on my ranch we have an air landing strip in whitch we drag on. So again without a driver safety course can I have help taking off my gov

I second that. Listen to John, for your car's sake and you very life. And mine.

20

Apparently I'm asking the wrong people cus I'm getting all the wrong answers

8,805

LET ME START THIS BY SAYING "GOVERNORS" STOPPED BEING USED AROUND 98 (I THINK), now it is completely electronic .....so feel free to go to auto zone, purchase the over the counter Power programmer (for your car), remove your ecu, reprogram it yourself, (setting your own limitations), and re install it. but don't be mad at me when the rest of your car runs like crap (or even STOPS COMPLETELY), transfer case, and front diff-subi's are almost all awd., and prepare to not use the car for a few days while programming occurs..or even worse, you personally can't remove the computer program chip, or re solder it in. so have a computer geek handy. THIS is why most people use new management boxes, upgrade stock exhaust, and intakes, as the intake, and exhaust can add up to 50 horses alone, (if done right), and internals of the engine, NEVER DO JUST ONE PART!!!!!!!!! they all should be done together, for proper function... need more help message me.

Best Answer
225

I don't get why you would purchase a 2.0 Impreza, a car built with only 148 HP for fuel efficiency and are trying to go over 122mph (for whatever retarded life endangering reason, assuming you are young an immature). You are in the wrong car.

7,335

youre in the wrong car to go fast imo. but with that said youll need to get a tune to disable the speed limiter.

45

If you want to change the speed governor, you need to reprogram the ECU

I maxed out the speedo in my 2.0 impreza and past its mark, 145mph plus. completely stock so im not understanding what the problem is here. My guess is you're doing something wrong, as in you aren't an experienced driver, or something is wrong with the car or you live atop a mountain and your local atmospheric pressure is abnormally low. Im at 6000 feet so roughly 11.7 psi compared to 14.7 at sea level. by the way my guess is you have an automatic not a manual trans as i do. The cvt on this car is not meant for high speed, perhaps that is your problem.

10

i have a manual, its top speed is 122, it doesnt go to 145, you guys are all a bunch of fucking retards, especially the assholes saying "your going to kill yourself". no. ill be fine, you go kill yourself or give me answers. fucksticks