i want buy a car i live in france

10

Asked by Feb 09, 2014 at 11:44 AM about the 2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

i   want   buy  a  car  in  floride but i  would  say  how many  tax and the price  of  the
paassage of  the  car  is  thank you  to  say  me

62,895

Don't know about the taxes but there's a website called uship.com. You can get a price quote for shipping to France from Florida there. HTH. -Jim

9,695

Would you have to import the vehicle? I would confirm with what ever goverment agency deals with your vehicles to check on importing. Probably need a special inspection to make it road legal there? If they say it's good then you can start the other process. I know here in Canada I can't import a vehicle from the U.S. with out both paying a duty on it and then it passing a special import inspection. Canada has different vehicle safety rules and certain vehicles need changes made before thay can be driven here.

9,695

And since 1998 Canada and US have a database of most vehicle's and what is different between them. And going from US to Canada I know there are certain models that are not allowed to be imported due to Canada's safety rules. Anyone else reading Pre '98's are easy, just need the inspection after you add the required equip. They give you a certain amount of time from the time you cross the border until it has to pass the inspection. If it fails it must be shiipped back or claimed as scrap and can never be driven in Canada again!!! Rules Eh!

10

thank you very much

9,695

Have you looked into the importing into France. Some countries are strict, some could careless. I'm sure they all want extra cash on the duties though. Once you get that sorted you should contact a French shipping company that ships to the states, they should be able to give you a quote and maybe they have resources to pick-up the Jeep for you and move to the port? Here -> http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/8257-How-do-I-Calculate-a-Tax-Tag-Title-in-Florida Wow that looks like a painful process. If your fine with metric units find a jeep from Canada of look at states with normal tax laws. Never seen bullshit like that before to buy a vehicle

62,895

You're welcome. Glad to help. -Jim

10

I imported my Jeep Wrangler in 2006 to the EU and here is what you must consider if you want to register it here. 1. Shipping: Figure anywhere between $2500-$3000 just for the container and shipper who should be registered as an exporter and importer. a. The above fee does not take into consideration port fees, temporary fees for motor tax (you can drive for 6 months as a tourist before you must register a vehicle but they will issue you a windscreen tag that affixes to your windscreen saying so and there is a fee for that. The fees for release and inspection (in case of contraband, guns, etc) is not inclusive. Figure around €500 as you will have to pay that when you are in the EU. 3. I suggest you already own the Jeep for at least 6 months to a year and have it documented. You could be eligible for VAT/DUTY exemption if you are considering making France or any EU country your residence, this will save you thousands as if you bring in a new vehicle you will be subject to 23% VAT and Duty fees off the purchase price and/or the current retail price in the EU. Automobiles in the EU cost 5-6K more as the EU puts a higher tax on them whereas its built into the price in America. A jeep that you purchase for X amount in dollars could run you X+4000 and remember you cough up 2000-3000 to ship it, it might be better to purchase one in the EU for that much. 4. The fees are straightforward, the older the car the better off you are. 5. Your Jeep will need only one modification as Jeep is owned by Fiat now and the certificate of conformity is on file with the EU. You need to either purchase the 3 lens taillight and have it rewired so your indicators are amber as EU law states any indicator to the rear needs to be amber and not red. Or leave the stock ones on, rewire the indicator to the reversing lights and put in a amber bulb and get some LEDs for the backup lights, this is more commonly done on american imports as its less wiring. You will also need to blank the middle pin on the front indicators as parking lights or running lights need to be white. In America its either/or but blanking the middle pin leaves the indicator function on but the running lights off, I just used duct tape...the magical tape :). Again you will need running lights in white for the front, they sell rectangular LED that look spot on (I have them on mine), cost me 12 euro. tap into the blanked wire behind the pin and there you go, right as rain. At the end of the day, its up to you, if you have a classic or just fussy about your Jeep then import it. However EU is a diesel place, I'd spend the money on a CRD version, Wranglers get 35mpg here, cherokee's get 37 on diesel and you wont notice the difference as the torque is around 360-400 so that diesel takes off like a shot. Good luck