does a "Body lift" look good?

45

Asked by Dec 17, 2012 at 10:08 PM about the 2000 Jeep Cherokee 4 Dr Sport 4WD

My brother told me about the Body lift and he wasn't sure on the details and told me to look into it. not looking for a crazy lift just enough to be noticed.

99,065

A lot of people think it looks good. A lot of people like vehicles lowered. It's your Jeep, what do you like?

45

thanks for the opinion, and lowering the jeep was my first thought and then I was like wait.....its a jeep haha

605

leave height of vehicle alone, unless it's going to be used for off road scambles.this car with it's short wheel base already has roll over problems hence the roll bar as standard equipment.

45

will lowering it make it have roll over problems?

99,065

Lowering any car will lower the center of gravity and make the vehicle less prone to rolling over. Check in at JeepForum.com and see what others have done with their Cherokees. There's plenty of pictures so you can see how it would look.

Best Answer
45

awesome. thanks

605

you will be safer with lower chasis center of gavity,but do not go off road with it .

405

yeah, I can't help but wonder....why does somebody buy one of the top-rated off-road vehicles in the world and then lower it? This makes no sense, to me anyways. Why not lift it and hit the trails? that's more fun anyway, right?

5

Yoi cant do a body lift on a cherokee it is a unibody

155

its a jeep... it looks good anyway you have it, jeeps are built not bought :)

995

yeah jeff is right, u cant body lift a unibody car....a body lift is done by lifting the body and placing spacers between the body and frame....but with a unibody car the body is connected to the frame

265

IT'S A JEEP LIFT THE WHOLE DAMN THING!