Neon wont start - crank no start & new battery

10

Asked by Feb 07, 2016 at 08:04 PM about the 2005 Dodge Neon 4 Dr SXT Sedan

Ok so we had a snow blizzard here in VA and the
car set for about a week,  now car wont start even
with jump cables,  the things that i did so far:

1 New battery (fully charged)
2 I do hear the fuel pump working and its also not
starting with starterfluid  so i dont think thats the
issue
3 tested spark with spark plug tester all 4 has a
good spark so its not that
4 engine light is on,  i tried the on off on off on key
trick but its says DONE without displaying any
code

What else could that be if its not spark not fuel
new battery i do have power (headlights and all
that) and engine is cranking
What else am im missing? Please helppp
Car worked fine that why i thing its a power issue
somewhere,  also car is not frozen now all snow
melted and its hot and sunny

5,445

yes, the cable ends got some corrosion, salt or were put out of position by the weather...be sure to wire brush the battery, terminal and the cable that goes to the block~ perhaps we will have signs of life then!~

10

So it could be a bad connection problem due to dirty cable ends? Cause i do have power headlights and all that but i will sure give it a try! Will update soon

5,445

YES~ you have to think about the amount of Amperage required...there is a reason why it's a CABLE and not a wire...needs enough amps to weld with easily~ motor will turn as fast...lack of power may cause the clock to reset...there are a few complications with reduced power...for example semi- conductor devices need full power....not brown power...errors happen when the ECU is fed brown power~ just get them with enough surface area to accommodate the 50 or so amps to turn the starter motor over at full speed~ yep.~

5,445

the cable running to the BLOCK needs a wirebrush too~

10

So i had time to check things out today, from the top the battery terminals (cable ends) looked ok but the bottom was hidden full of corrosion, replaced them cleaned cable ends anddddddddddd its f**** working!!! something strange else happened , i used to have a squawky sound from the AC belt which is new a belt , and now its gone , maybe its not related but now when i turn the AC on its now shaky anymore like its trying to get more power from the battery and not squawky anymore :) Thank you @bob_nueske ! saved my car

5,445

Mukyec...I'm turning red right now even though I'm a carmel colored Pakistani guy from Milwaukee...California to escape the ice pirahnas...am totally flattered...thanks for that...they were getting sick of this answer from my former identity judge_roy was trolled off by a guy who does not understand that we cannot actually see the circumstances that we are trying to solve~ this is a basic problem...with all the silly center displays and stupid boxes you have to yell into and throw any hint of secrecy out the window, also "touch screens" that if you've got gorilla fingers like myself has a guy throwing that thing like a baseball~ thanks for my rant...still write 1986 on things am losing my mind since my diagnosis of MS...am left totally ALONE...like solitary confinement...not nice...a pleasure to have made your approval~