On average how many miles per gallon would you say your 2005 dodge neon gets?

20

Asked by Apr 24, 2014 at 04:06 PM about the 2005 Dodge Neon 4 Dr SXT Sedan

I have looked online to see how many miles a gallon should get me, it said around 25.
Now i know damn well i don't get 25, i may get 18 mpg. I find myself constantly refueling,
and ever since one thing had gone wrong with my car, it's just been a series of problems
since then. And now i'm spending more money than i need to with my declining gas
mileage.

4,505

what was the original problem? when was your car last tuned up? if the plugs, wires, cap and rotor are worn out, it won't help. what about the pcv valve, air filter and oil breather filter? are your tires properly inflated? and lastly, how do you drive? if you do quick takeoffs and stops, you will get crappy mileage no matter how the car is tuned. I can get 29mpg from my son's 2000 mirage, but he only gets 23mpg.

1,695

if its mostly highway driving you do then you should def be close to 30 or better. def would have the car looked over, could be a multitude of things. tune up time

20

I drive it like i should, only times I "gun it" is if i need to, to avoid being hit. I rarely even pass cars, and often put on cruise control to maintain a set speed. It was tuned a little less than a year ago, and i'm not so sure on filters. I check the tires regularly, I do feel like some plug wires may be in need of change, because when ever it is moist out I have trouble starting my car. It hasn't been a problem lately compared to when it was snowing, and snow was melting constantly.