noise

Asked by Sep 20, 2012 at 07:46 PM about the 2005 Dodge Neon 4 Dr SXT Sedan

The faster I go the louder it gets, I got new tires and they where balanced.  The noise goes away if I jerk to the right on the steering wheel.  I was wondering if it needs an alignment or something with the steering?  2005 doge neon vibrating rubbing noise but nothing is rubbing.

385

you might need an alignment your camber could be out or your toe

525

Hi You should check the font wheel bearing and the cv joint. one of them is going bad.Good luck Lionel

1,655

More than likely it's a wheel bearing... If the noise goes away when you're turning right, it should get louder when you turn left. Front wheel bearings need to be pressed in to the steering knuckle, where as the rears bolt up as a hub assembly over the rear spindle.