How can I hook up batterycharger ? Does the cables go under all those gizmos? The charger did not chrge battery with cables on the top where the bolts are to its front top and side?

Asked by Feb 06, 2016 at 09:54 AM about the 2001 Chevrolet Venture Base

The charger is someone elses with lights and mine was shoing lights on wrong side that more or less said no charge.I think I have cables the man hooked up on side of fuse box made car not charge.I still do not know where cables go ,but I do know it has started with the men (?) that gave me a chrge.It dies too much to charge al the time .Should I get new battery of what about cables hooked correctly?

74,595

Positive to positive, negative to negative. The big red post on the fuse box is positive, hook up negative to anything metal. So you need to have the battery checked, and the alternator checked that keeps the battery charged.

101,855

It sondes like you have couple of things going on here, there should be a red plastic rectangular box on the positive cable just between the drivers fender and the motor, open the box and there will be a contact stud inside hook the positive charger cable there then hook the negative to any good ground, like an exposed bolt on the engine will work, after it is fully charged and hopefully it is a very short distance to a shop go ther and have the charge/starting system checked over, you could have an alternator that is not charging or even draining the battery when the engine is off, or a battery that just won't hold a load properly. HTH

101,855

If your battery won't accept a charge and you will know that in a short charge time then the battery will need replaced before having the charging system checked.