I have a 2002 Chevy Venture and it will not start.

Andrew Filicky

Asked by Mar 08, 2014 at 05:23 PM about the 2002 Chevrolet Venture Base Extended

It's acting like there is no power coming to it at all. The battery is fine so I thought of
looking at the fuses, but I have no idea which one it is. I've even looked in the manual to
see the diagrams, but don't know which fuse is specifically for supplying power to the
whole vehicle.

I am not sure exactly where things stand with your problem...do other electrical components, such as lights and radio have power? IF your vehicle is cranking over fine but not starting it could be an electrical issue or could be a fuel problem. Spray a burst of starting fluid into the air intake. If its a fuel problem your car should start and run for a few seconds, or at least kick as it its going to start. If the starting fluid has no effect you have a electrical/ignition problem. IF your car is not even cranking, check the battery to see if it is holding a charge. Check the cables to make sure they are clean and tight at both ends, including ground cables and contacts. If lights work but the car does not crank, try turning on the headlights and cranking the engine. If the lights go out or dim while trying to crank the engine you have a low battery or a bad connection. If the lights stay bright, and the engine doesn't crank or doesn't crank properly, you have a starter/solenoid problem.

Hey, I have the same problem. No power at all. No components work. Not even the alarm light. Tried hooking a jump and carry, still nothing. Slow charged it for 2 hours with a slow charger. Not one light. Hooked jump and carry straight to line without battery and still nothing. Maybe it's a fuse. Do you have a diagram of fuse panel?

Wiring diagrams are available online...just do a Google search on the year make and model. Here is a link that gives you descriptive information on the wiring. http://alarmsellout.com/support/diagrams/vehicle/CHEVROLET%20VENTURE%201997-2005.pdf If you have done all the checks already mentioned, Check your battery with a meter and make sure that there is not a dead short or other problem inside. After that my best suggestion is get yourself a dependable 12 volt tester and start checking connection by connection to see if you can locate the problem. If you battery reads with good voltage (around 13.5), there is a bad connection somewhere. There is no fuse that controls all the power, but there are connections that do. As we have all heard, there are significant problems with the ignitions in GM vehicles. Check your 4-way flashers and brake lights....those should not go through the ignition switch.

Rachel Quinton

Mine won't crank but the radio and everything else works....it just clicks and then everything shuts off and when I turn it again nothing happens

Rachel, you issue sounds like a classic dead battery. Check the battery with a meter to see if it is holding a proper charge (around 13.5). If the battery is the problem a jump should allow the car to start. Most auto parts stores offer battery checks for free. IF the battery would happen to test with a good voltage you need to check the cable connections to make sure they are clean and tight.

2002 chev ventura...new battery, fuel pump and checked fuses ok...will not turn over, everything (lights radio works),,,When sparking the starter it turns over but will not contunie running over 5 seconds, please help

Look over the prior procedures listed since the original question. Those steps should help you locate your problem and correct it.

Ronda Heaton

Dmatt123 I had same problem with my venture 2000 Put slow trickle charge for 3 days and still nothing took battery in to get check and even tho was new they said was bad so swapped it out for new one now have juice but only clicks once so half way there I hope. But came to see if any suggestions on what should do next other than burning her where she sits.