2005 Dodge neon wont start now after intake throttle body hose was loose

Asked by Feb 09, 2015 at 11:27 PM about the 2005 Dodge Neon 4 Dr SE Sedan

I have a 2005 dodge neon.

The car had a bad PCM. Prior to replacing the PCM a new starter, new alternator and new ignition switch was installed.

In the process of installing the new PCM the throttle intake hose bolt or fastener was loose.When the engine cranked over it started immediately and idled very high and died within few seconds. The throttle intake hose had fallen off.

Now the car wont start with the ignition key. It wont even crank. Radio, lights and everything work. I by-passed the ignition and hooked the starter to the battery. It will crank but wont start.

I know I made a mistake and my knowledge on cars are limited. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what might have gotten broken in the process? If any additional information required lmk.

Thank you.

If you put in a new ignition switch it has a skim modular and will need to be programmed with the PMC by a dealer, along with the key. .