Front End Alignment

235

Asked by Apr 27, 2012 at 05:12 PM about the 2009 Chevrolet Cobalt LT XFE Coupe

09' Cobalt LT XFE Coupe
I have several problems with the front end alignment in the past. Just balanced all four tires and now the car is pulling to the left
while driving. nothing else was touched while doing my tires so i have no idea what could have caused this. any ideas?

222,705

When was the last time you had an alignement on the car? Sometimes a belt inside the tire shifts and give you some vibration and or alignment issues. Try swapping the front tires/wheels to the rear to see if the issue goes away. If it does, it's one or both of the front tires. Do you have any vibration? If so could be out of round or bent rim. Let us know what you find or if you have anymore info.

3,665

Hi Tom, Sorry to hear about the issues you are having. Just need a bit more information to see if I could help. What type of alignment issues have you had in the past? That could be the result of why the car is still pulling to the left. Did you have the work done at the dealership? Vanessa, GM Customer Service

235

theres no vibrations at all and i rotated the tires about 3 months ago. but there has always been a problem with it whether it was the tires consitently going out of balance or the alignment going off.

15

control arm bushings are crap there made for a gocart only last about 60000 km gm found a good way to bring u back after your warranty 2nd pair should last life time or close to it

235

ive got a warranty still. are those considered "wear items"? if there not ill be covered

135

could be bent rim or not properly balanced tire. I had same problem, my tires were off balance. Also check pressure in tires every so often. Maybe time for another alignment, or possibly new tires.

135

Also my power steering was recalled, and replaced, now i have no issues.