Why are all my lights flashing?

Asked by Mar 14, 2016 at 08:21 PM about the 2004 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer V8 4WD

I have a 2004 Ford explorer and recently I have been having issues with all
the lights on the dash and radio plus the actual lights on the outside of my car
blinking. Its the same sound and speed of flasher lights most of the time but it
will also slow down in speed. What is wrong with my car?

30

Sounds like the smart junction box is bad it's a computer controlled fuse box and needs to be programmed and security reset

30

Or a harness issue , has it ever been in a accident? If not then I'd still do my pinpoint diagnostics good luck

86,895

Sounds like a major crosscircuit in the wiring harness, on this one I would refer you to a professional wiring tech, doesn't have to be a dealer though, a good independent shop should be able to locate this for you, but it will take some time.

We just realized that when we make sure the lights are on the blinking stops but the flasher sound is still going

86,895

That sounds like the alarm has been triggered, but there is usually a horn with it. have you tried locking and unlocking the drivers door with the key? You may have to do the passenger door if the drivers won't shut it down. If none of that works then take it to your tech.

I dont have an alarm. We have been doing research and we think it could have something to do with my automatic start/pats system. We are not sure and right now we have to do our best to fix this ourself. For some reason we have had more than our fair share of unexpected expenses recently. I do appreciate all the help :) :)

86,895

Are you sure you don't have an alarm system, every diagram I have come up shows an alarm system. Remove C1016 and see if something changes, it won't run but just see if anything changes. See pic.

hmmm, I will show this to him. Thank you

It didnt fix the problem but it did change the speed of the of the beeping, faster. Any other suggestions? Also, that diagram is a little bit off of what mine actually looks like. The 2 rows just to the right, of where C1016 is, are not there

Tennisshoes, We think my automatic start might have something to do with it. I went to Wyoming and it would not start with the auto start and during my 2nd trip there and it refusing to start again I did notice the same type of blinking but I havent had any issues with that until just recently, At the time I thought that maybe it was blinking because the car just didnt start from using the button. Its all kinda coming back to me a little at a time cuz at that time it didnt seem to be an issue.

as far as I know my truck has never had an alarm.

86,895

As the auto start is an add on I would remove it and reconnect the wires it taps into and see if that cures your problems. It just seems odd that it would flash the lights if it is only for auto start, unless it is feeding back through the system.

I just got off the phone with the company that we have the auto start from and they said to do a bypass module reset but that it HAS to be taken to an authorized installer.

86,895

And that is why I don't like auto start units

I dont believe that it has to be taken in. I think that is something he has to say. I have to find a way to fix this issue ourself. I dont think it will be a hard fix if we can figure it out. I have had way to many unexpected expenses recently and I just dont have the money to take it in right now.

OMG, I am taking it in. I called Custom audio and they are only gonna charge me $25 to reprogram it! Thank you for all of your help Tennisshoes. I really do appreciate it.

I expected it to be in the high hundreds for someone to fix it

86,895

I'm glad they were helpful with you. usually it is once you have bought it it is all yours and forget any customer service.