check engine light won't shut off, even after repairs.

10

Asked by Aug 17, 2013 at 10:10 PM about the 2007 Suzuki XL-7 Luxury AWD w/ sunroof

Check engine light came on the day after I bought it, with a code for the catalytic converter bank 1.  Mechanic put new one on.  Next day, light came back on with the same code.  Mechanic changed both O2 sensors.  Next day the light came back on with the same code.  He says he's changed everything pertaining to that code.  Any ideas on where I go from here?  Thanks.

25,165

How long ago did you buy it? Maybe you can take it back to the dealer where you bought it from.

10

It's the dealer that has been paying for all this, because it's not covered under the warranty. It's a little tricky because he is family also. He's trying to make it right for me, but not having any luck.

20,825

you could try a tune-up , that's on you and for your own good as any six year old needs this anyway. and make sure the fuel is a better than most garbage sold these days ,

68,705

Check the emissions decal under the hood. Your van may have California Emissions. This will require a different, special, catalytic converter. If so, your van's computer is programmed to read the lower California emissions levels and a federal catalytic converter will not work. Since 2004 many states (NJ, NY, DE, etc.) have adopted California emissions standards. I live in NJ and my '08 Mercury, '03 S10 Pick Up, and '00 Grand Prix all have California Emissions. HTH. -Jim

My 2003 XL7 has the same problem, and after replacing all of the 4, o2 sensors, it keeps reading the same codes, and engine light is on! Even though it's a Mississippi car, it has a California Emissions, so what to do in this case? does it mean she needs a different catalytic converter or another ECU, like other mechanic said after OBD Diagnostics readings? can anybody shed some light in here, thanks you,,,