I also have a 2005 Dodge Caravan SXT that has the same fan issue - the front fan won't work, but the rean fan does. It is very cold, and I hesitate to drive it without proper defrost. Please help.

Asked by Jan 23, 2014 at 07:42 PM about the 2005 Dodge Caravan SXT

19,425

There could be one of a couple problems so you need to go under hood and check fuse #10 shown below. It is a funny looking fuse, 40 amp. Look close at it or swap with another similar fuse. If that is ok, turn the blower switch on high, the blower is up under the right side of dash. Locate the motor and get a small hammer and gently but firmly start tapping on the blower with blower set on high. It could be stuck. tapping fairly hard on it sometimes gets it to work again. the resisitor is probably not the cause as you have no blower, the resisitor controls the speeds. lastly, it could be the control panel but this is much more difficult to diagnose and I do suggest a shop. i suspect bad blower motor. try the tap test, check the fuse #10

Thanks very much for the quick reply and info. You mention checking the #10 fuse, but I can't see where it is located from your message, but will check it later once home. I will also look for the blower motor, but was wondering if you can send me links to pics of where both are. I should clarify that there does appear to be some heat, (especially in the back, and I can feel some from the front vents), but I cannot adjust the level - I did some other searching and some indicated the resistor could be the problem - do you think that is a possibility? If so, what I read indicates it's not terribly hard to replace - is that true? I really appreciate the information you've provided thus far. I live in Minnesota, so I need to resolve this soon, and want to avoid going to the dealership.

19,425

If it was the resistor you should always have high speed if nothing else. Very possible just a fuse but could be the blower motor.

19,425

blower motor removal www.youtube.com/watch?v=-U7T8Nb

19,425

This also has a front blower motor relay under the hood beside the battery in the fuse box.

I will check all those things. I do not have the high speed for the blower, so I'll look for a fuse first. Thanks for all the help.